Uniden Radio Repairs

Anyone have experience with a source to repair Uniden marine radios?  I have a backup DSC enabled handheld and the display has gone wonky.  Radio works perfectly but the display dims over a couple minutes until you can no longer see what your doing. 

Called Uniden and they indicated they no longer repair these...buy a new one or a refurbished one from them.

Hoping I can just send to an alternate repair source. 

Comments

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Labor and shipping, not to mention parts are probably more than a new one on special at one of the marine outlets. You might be able to buy the mounted unit without the handheld for even less but I'd buy them both new.
  • elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Michael T said:
    Labor and shipping, not to mention parts are probably more than a new one on special at one of the marine outlets. You might be able to buy the mounted unit without the handheld for even less but I'd buy them both new.
    I have a new mounted unit.  This handheld is less than a year old but not under warranty because I was not the original purchaser they tell me. Sucks...
    I have seen the hand helds (and main units) for sale on Amazon for really low prices. I'd have a look on some of those sites.
    Standard Horizon makes replacement hand helds for $100 they will control any SH head unit with DSC, AIS and GPS tracking. I wonder if Uniden has those replacements too?