Options

Handheld Marine VHF w/DSC and Built in GPS

elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
Mine went to heII...had a Uniden MH135 and I need to replace it.

Any suggestions for a NON-Uniden handheld model that has full DSC capability with the built in GPS?

Post edited by raybo3 on

Comments

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Standard horizon has one, has gotten good reviews 
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some Standard Horizions on sale now for around $100. I think Defender Marine, for one, has Memorial Day sales on!
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    There are some Standard Horizions on sale now for around $100. I think Defender Marine, for one, has Memorial Day sales on!
    Yea I'm looking for ones with DSC and built in GPS to broadcast coordinates.  Looks like $180-$250 bucks unfortunately.  Argh...
  • Options
    Robs_232Robs_232 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    I have a Standard Horizon HX290 and it is a very nice handheld with good range. Mine doesn't have those features though.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I had a Standard Horizon GX 1200 that had DCS and auto GPS broadcast for about $119. I think it has been replaced by a GX1300 that is about $140? ....but they do go on sale. I think Defender marine has that unit on sale now?
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    I had a Standard Horizon GX 1200 that had DSC and auto GPS broadcast for about $119. I think it has been replaced by a GX1300 that is about $140? ....but they do go on sale. I think Defender marine has that unit on sale now?
    I believe those are fixed mount vs. handheld however. 
  • Options

OK, got you. You are talking about a pure hand held. I was talking about a fixed head with a wired hand held that was more than just a mic but had all of the features of the "normal" head on it, like DCS.

Standard Marine does make a pure hand held VHF that has DCS for about $190. you can even buy a mic for it for about $50+.

• Options
    Michael T said:

OK, got you. You are talking about a pure hand held. I was talking about a fixed head with a wired hand held that was more than just a mic but had all of the features of the "normal" head on it, like DCS.

Standard Marine does make a pure hand held VHF that has DCS for about $190. you can even buy a mic for it for about $50+.

Yes I found it. It's the HX870.  Best price Infound was about $209 w/free shipping. I have one on the way.