FL Rinkervous?

NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
Hey everyone, I am sort of jealous reading about the Rinkervous up north.  It would be a long haul to tow the boat up there, but I might do it anyway!   I was hoping we could get a group together in FL/AL/GA/MS/LA area?  Us southerners should be able to put together a nice meet up.  Maybe one of the many marina/resorts down here?  There are couple great ones in Panama City! 

Side note: I am strongly considering towing to Miami and running across to Bimini next summer (2017), spend a week or so exploring some islands!  Anyone that has made this trip before, I would love to hear from you, and of course if any RBO members want to join up, GREAT!  More the merrier...

I can be reached here, or you can email me: NavyCTRC@gmail.com

Cheers,
Patrick

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrick, I am going to Key West next Friday and returning Monday. Want to tag along?
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to make the trip to Bimini. Unfortunately that is a long haul from PA to Miami, then the cruise over. It's on my bucket list!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Handy, I would love to, but we have company coming in this weekend, it would be slightly rude to not be home!  Tempting tho!  >:)
    Patrick, its next weekend. 
  • gvigrassgvigrass Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Handymans342 would love to have "horned in on that run" but we have a dance recital next weekend....let me know next time you make the run.

Greg
    Its an expensive trip. The slip alone is $545 for 3 nights. Fuel has been steadily going up again. Then add eating out and partying. I will probably use 100 Gallons of fuel one way. 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

Wholly crap!  100 gallons of fuel!  Isn't that more than you've burned for the last 3 years??

Patrick, you are more than welcome to tow that ride up here to Navy town!  I've got a spot for you right in my driveway with your trailer and a ramp down the road to put her in!  This Wednesday we'll be watching the blue angels show for the Navy graduation.  It's a fun week here during Navy graduation.

Sure sounds like a great trip going to Bimini!  Some day I'll have a boat down south to live on and enjoy that much clearer water!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to it.  Coincidence, the Annapolis boat show in 1995 is the one that convinced me I wanted a Rinker some day!  I was over at Ft Meade for many months of training at the time. I loved going down to the inner harbor just to watch the boats!   I would love to come up to the raft up, but that is a LONG tow.  Especially since I don't travel over 65mph when pulling 14K pounds behind me, normally around 60-62mph.  Maybe someday, the Army Navy game is on my bucket list, I watch it every year, but I have never been to one.
    Dream, I thought you were heading down this way?

Handy, we don't go anywhere in the summer unless by boat (yeah, I know, there is water all the way down there).  That said, I'm missing the first Mem day weekend on  a boat in over 15 years.

Patrick, I can see how the boat show can convince someone.  We went in 1999 and within a month bought our first boat.  I've been to some Navy games (football, basketball, baseball), but never the Army Navy.  That'd be pretty impressive to see.  They usually have it in the larger stadiums, which I'm not thrilled about.

• checkmatecheckmate Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    Dream inn I can get you on my boat mem day, so you don't have the shakes.  I think you said you would be up this way.  I live less than 10 mins from highway (i275 and 75 merge)and with my boat right in front of house. If you feel the urge let me know.  
    Oh my @checkmate !  I'll be driving right up thru 75 onto 275 into a little town named Wixom (I think off 96).  You'd better watch, I may just take you up on it.  We'd be coming back South on Sunday morning.

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn, I feel your pain... I am also missing my first Memorial Day Weekend on my boat in 20 years. My wife planned a trip to Chicago to go with our niece to the American Girl Doll store. I am not looking forward to either... It will be nice to see my niece and nephew, so that is a positive.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!