Options

Shouldn't this be connected? 310fv

JstewJstew Member Posts: 65 ✭✭

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be a fresh air duct, is it attached to one of the vents on the starboard side?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    It runs to the starboard side but not sure what it's connected to.  I saw it just as I had to leave and didn't have time to inspect further.  All of the other white duct hoses in the engine room are connected to something. 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's either for your fresh air intake or your blower exhaust. Is there a mechanical device attached to that hose or not? (The blower).

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Don't know.  I have to go back and run it down.  Didn't have time today.  If it's one of those 2 things, is is proper that it's just venting into the engine room?
  • Options
    Yes,it's ok. Your blower sucks out the fumes and if it's fresh air it's used to circulate the air in the engine compartment. Here is a pic how mine look, they are on the upper right side. (please don't judge the filth, it's all clean now! LoL)

2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    The blower is the white thing in the middle of the aft duct.
    Post edited by aero3113 on
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    You'll see a white plastic housing that is mid stream of the duct. Or atleast my blower is white (Attwood)
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    FlyingBlind310FlyingBlind310 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    I have the same boat - I believe that connects to the back/top of the engine hatch. I don't have a pic of my engine compartment but it I think it should be venting out here:

2001 310 Fiesta Vee

T-5.0 FWC Mercs w/ B2

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it should be connected. The only open end of a vent hose that I have seen in the bilge is low down to draw in fumes which congregate in the lowest parts of the bilge. There are two main types. Fresh air intake hoses and fan driven bilge fume exhaust hoses.
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone.  Looks like a simple fix (as long as I can fit!)