Options

Big Orange Filter - How long of a vent hose do I need for FV310?

JstewJstew Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
2001 FV310.   Anyone know off hand how long of a vent hose I need to order?  I'm going to mount the original Big Orange to the top of the tank and I know I need to create a loop.  I found the proper 5/8 ID hose at west marine's site but I just need to know length. My boat is 2.5 hrs away and I ran out of time today before I could measure.

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @Jstew there should be some posts on this forum on pictures of the Big Os installed. I think I posted a few over the years. Try our search thread!
  • Options
    Thanks!  Will do.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll also se if I have any pics left on camera chips that I can post!
  • Options
    I appreciate all I can get!  Learning....
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod

@jstew, you don't need that long of a hose because you can use the existing hose, leaving it on the hull outlet and then all you need is an additional hose going from the tank to the big orange.  So, 3 feet of hose should be fine for that.  Make sense?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Perfect.  Thanks, Dream inn
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I need to scoop a Big O! It gets kickin' in that summer heat boy hahah
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't need to be that long.  It does depend on where you put the big orange filter. The existing vent line should be long enough as you will just connect that to the big orange filter. You'll then add the new one between the big orange filter and your waste tank.  Get 6 to 8 ft and I'm sure you'll have a lot of room to play with. It's a few dollars more to get extra length, so not worth getting an exact measurement, just get more than enough.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"