Options

New 270 fiesta vee need help!!!

ok first, I am new to this forum and really would love some help. I recently purchased a 99 270 fiesta vee that had been sitting for almost 8 years in the previous owners back yard. I am not familiar with rinker boats so please bear with me. I am having trouble locating any of the seacocks. There are 2 pickups on the port side of the hull about 10 feet from the transom not sure what those are. The galley pump will run but not achieve a prime. If anyone know where I might be able to locate a owner/operators manual that would be awesome and might answer most of my questions. 

Comments

• Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Someone else will answer that knows for sure, but sounds like one pick up for the toilet and one for the generator?  Engine pick up should be on the out drive, I think.  What engine/drive do you have? 

Welcome to the board and congrats on the Rinker, they are great boats.

Cheers,
    Patrick
  • Options
    bigdaddy74bigdaddy74 Member Posts: 6
    I have the 350efi and bravo3 no genny though
  • Options
    Also if anyone know where to locate the strainers that would be awesome too
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Do you have AC on your boat? You will have a seacock for the head of course. And if you have AC then you'll have a seacock for that as well. In my 280 the strainer is below the aft cabin. I am not sure the intake for the head has a strainer though.
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Yes it does have Ac 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, you have lot's of holes in your boat! I still look at mine after a couple of years and ask what the heck is that for? Depending your if you have a raw water pump along with your foot water pickup, in the rear I have one for the raw water and one for the genny.  Above that, you will have one for the toilet and one for the a/c. My strainer for my raw water pump is right by the motor on the starboard side. Not all boats have the raw water pickup in addition to the pick up through the foot. Not sure why, different style risers I suppose. If you don't have the raw water pump then you may not have a strainer. I guess if it will make it up through the foot it will make it through the motor? As you don't have a genny, I would assume one is raw water and one is for the head and then further up, one for the a/c.  My set up is two in the back (genny and raw water) and then two midship (one for the head and one for the a/c) but mine is an 05 so may not be the same. If you only have the two as I read above, assume one is a/c and the other is the can. I think the a/c on mine is on the port side under the seating, the one for the head is mid ship under the mattress.

As far as the galley pump, sitting that long the seals may have dried up. I have read all sorts of way to bleed the air out- I would start my checking the hose connections below deck. If I run out of water, to re prime I turn all my faucets on and hit the pump and it will eventually prime and start pumping water. Do a search on the site and other have various tricks they do with the filter and all sorts of things to get it flowing.

Welcome to the forum, you are required to put up pictures even if you do before or after. You will find all sorts of help here-there are some real knowledgeable people on here, some are mechanics some are tinkerers (like myself). Some of this stuff we can figure out, sometimes it will just have to go to a shop. Fire away with questions and everyone here will help you as much as we can. Mine is a great boat and could not be happier with my Rinker choice, good luck!  
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pick ups are likely for the head and AC.  Mine can be located under my mattress in the midberth. A small portal cover to remove, and the seacocks are right there.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Ok guys thanks for the information. I got the galley pump to prime by overfilling the tank and lines so the water level was above the pump but it won reach pressure. Even if I remove the line with no resistance it pumps fine but if I give resistance its doesn't build pressure. As far as the pickups I believe you are right. The starboard side is definitely the head and I am assuming the port side is the Ac however I can't find the seacocks or the Ac pump. 
  • Options
    DazeOffDazeOff Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. I have a 2003 and the seacocks, raw water pump and strainer are under the aft cabin mattress.
  • Options
    Thanks I will check there this afternoon when I get home
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the galley pump is pumping through, it's primed. So if you don't get flow with a little resistance, there could be something wrong with the pump. Check the connections, poor quality could lead to low amps, so the pump doesn't have the juice to turn.  Inspect the casing, can you take it apart and have a look to see if it's been damaged?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Daze- your raw water pump I don't think would be mid ship-more likely your sump pump for your shower...i would have to look at mine, I guess the a/c would have to be right there too...
  • Options
    Also- those pumps ae not real expensive and I'd bet you can yank it out and head to west marine for 125 bucks, bolt right in and move on to your next problem. If the pump is running and you are able to get water flowing but nothing else- likely done. Easy cheap fix.