Product Sale - West Marine

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
WM is having a Memorial Day sale of a number of products, Startron gas additive (I use that all the time) boat cleaners and waxes - buy one get one free....and no, I do not have stock in WM LOL

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Good one MT!  I'm actually buying some of the Startron.  I stock up on the BOGO sale.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    MT and Dream,
    Do you guys use ethanol fuel in your boat?  If not, why the startron?  Just wondering.

Cheers,
    Patrick
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NavyCTRC. I have never used ethanol in any of my boats. BUT, I have been lucky and there has always been 91 marine gas available at all of the marinas I go to. In fact it is harder to find ethanol. If I HAD to run ethanol I would be sure to use Startron additive and for my last two tanks of the year make sure I got 91 from somewhere to run through the engine(s) and lines, generator etc. I would also only store 91 octane fuel if laying-up for the winter.

@NavyCTRC on this coming Memorial Day may I commend you for your service to your country and your service to the safety of North America.

• andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Two for one sale on Starbrite anti mildew spray at WM. Around these parts black mildew forms all over boats and this stuff is an essential. Just don't get it on your shirt or you'll have tie dye Jerry Garcia would have loved.

Andy
  • NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I don't have a choice but to use ethanol, so I use startron for that reason.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express