Options

It's always something...

elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
edited May 2016 in Rinker Sport Boat Forum
Had a good first day on the water but there is always something..

Found the horn suddenly isn't working as well as one other switch at the helm for the galley sink pump. Worked fine before I had the helm insert fixed so I'm guessing the connectors on the back of the switches are off or something.  Argh. 

Then I get home (short drive) and I hear the faint sound of grease boiling on the passenger side front axle of the trailer. Bearing..   I don't get this to be honest as the boat got put in the water just three times since the wheel bearing were inspected and re-packed.  HeII trailer hasn't been driven 200 miles since it was done.

frustrating.... 
Post edited by raybo3 on

Comments

• Options
    pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    Look at the bright side...should be easy fixes compared to a lot of other spring time posts of trouble. Good luck!  -Paul
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asumming the correct grease was used, improper float for the bearings will cause a rapid failure..and boil the grease. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    re helm switches, check individual and common grounds..... particularly if work was done on the helm.
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    re helm switches, check individual and common grounds..... particularly if work was done on the helm.
    Id love to but I can't even see the back of the switches let alone touch them thru these "ports" inside the cabinet. 
  • Options
    youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    Usually if the grease is boiling that means the seals are shot. From what I understand its water that is boiling off and not the grease.
  • Options
    jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    I had similar issues with switches. Found that a few of my pop out button breakers didn't pop out all the way and I gave all the breakers a push across the panel....all started working again. Not sure if yours could be the same. Thought I would share....
  • Options
    Everything is fixed.  The helm panel had been out for some electrical work and the connectors on the backs of these two switches came a bit off. 

• Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Look at the bright side......You still have a boat, It's been a month since I sold Freebird and I miss her so much. All my kids are sending my pic's and ad's for boats hoping I will buy another boat. I will get another boat soon.

Boatless but still here.........

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Len, great to hear rom you. It's only been weeks for me since I sold my 360 so I really miss her. I'll get another one too and for SURE it'll be a Rinker!

How are you enjoying the new house Len?