Options

Foam In Water

jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
I was getting some foam out of the cabin faucet so I went and cleaned all three faucets little screens. But I am still getting some foam out of the cabin faucet. This is happening even when on a water hook up. Any other ideas that you guys have tried?
Boat Name: Knot A Worry
2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3

Comments

• Options
    elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Not saying this is it but the pink antifreeze used in fresh water systems absolutely does foam. It may be you still have some residual in the lines, tank, etc.  It typically takes a couple days of use in my RV to stop foaming at the faucets. 
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I ran 95% glycol through the lines in the fall. I thought I ran the faucets for a solid half hour this weekend to clear them out. Maybe I need to let them run longer
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....that would be my guess, if you have checked line connections to make sure no air is being drawn-in.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    try running with just a small amount of water in the tank, then empty, add a small amount again, run empty.  Continue this for 5-10 times.  What this does is not dilute the pink in the tank and lets you run it out.  I'm betting it is pink residue if you just connected a hose and let it run.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express