Options

Left Turn Signal not Working

halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
Hi Guys, looking for some help with my left signal in trailer. I put a bulb tester on the 4 pin flat(alligator on the male end) and turned on lights. Bulb lights when probe end contacts female lead next to male pin.  Next I select right turn signal and bulb in tester pulses(top female pin) When I select left turn there is nothing. Checked 3 10 amp fuses in vehicle.All good. Swapped left and right trailer signal relays under hood of truck, no difference. Lastly with alligator clip on male pin in 4 way I scraped yellow wire BEFORE it entered the factory connector on the truck(Chrysler Aspen) touched to bare wire and nothing.  I read about bad grounds but I still have running and right functions.  After 4 hours I am putting it out there to you.Is it possible somewhere right at the fuse box under hood to see if wire is energized thus eliminating harness issue?  arrrrgh....  Going to hang a door at my cottage so hopefully I will have a few tips when I get back. 

Brian

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    There was a fuse in front of the left turn relay for the tow harness. I decided to check ALL fuses regardless and hit one that did not zero out on the multimeter. Thanks Greg for making me take another look. Easily saved me $100 service at a repair shop.