Options

PRICE REDUCED, like new boat for sale ... Rinker 2011 260EC, 144 hours with warranty

MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello gang,

Well it is with very mixed feelings that I have decided to put my boat up for sale.

Nothing complicated, just have too much family stuff going on including buying a new house.

We're motivated sellers and I've REDUCED THE PRICE to be attractive for a quick sale. USD exchange makes this an insane deal. I'm only 50 minutes from the Niagara, US boarder. Don't wait and be disappointed. 

$69,900 Canadian.

Around $54,000 USD.

Trust me, it's a steal at this price.

**************************************************************************************************

Here is the listing on yacht world:

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2011/Rinker-260-Express-Cruiser-2970275/Oakville/Canada

If your interested in making this yours, please contact me by email: rinker260ec@gmail.com

Feel free to also PM me on this site.

*****************************************************************************************************************

This boat retails new for $125,000 CAD or $98,000 USD (at today's exchange) with manufacturer's options.  I put in more than $7000 in after market options (seadek, smart craft gauges, lowrance HDS 7 touch GPS & FF, LED lights, etc.).  Plus I am also providing $1000's in accessories like safety gear, lines, fenders, life jackets, kitchen utensils, dishes, coffee maker, pillows, blankets, etc. My estimate is the boat would cost $135,000 CAD / $105,000 USD in total brand  that represents a huge discount for a boat that has only 144 hours on it, and is still UNDER WARRANTY.  Take the keys, and enjoy ... literally.

Some points of interest:

- 2011 Rinker 260EC with 350MAGMPI, B3

- Always maintained and winterized properly by a good Rinker dealer (Dundas Marine), who is mercruiser certified. Have full service records.

- Mercury Marine Platinum Warranty until May 2017 on engine and drives. Very comprehensive warranty, and is transferrable.

- Rinker 5 year limited warranty on Deck and Hull until April 2015Transferability TBC.

- Engine has only 144 hours on it, but operated regularly to keep it humming.

- Always used in fresh water (Lake Ontario).

- Professionally buffed and waxed every year.

- Sleeps 4 people with double mid berth and convertable v-berth (dinette or sleeping).

- Boat can convert from a tournament level fishing boat to a streamlined cruiser in minutes. I planned long and hard to ensure all the fishing components could come off easily with a twist, leaving little left to break the natural cruiser lines.

- All original manuals provided.

- The 260EC comes with a lot of necessary systems like 12V/120V fridge, microwave, dual stove (electric/alcohol), TV/DVD and digital TV dish, digital charger, DSC VHF radio linked to Standard Horizon Chart Plotter, Lenco trim tabs, hot water tank, MB quart stereo and ampifier including remote at Helm.

Lots of upgrades including:

- Airconditioning unit for cooling/heating.

- Windlass anchor

- Go light, remotely controlled spotlight

- LED lighting under swim deck, radar arch and transom.

- Radar arch, and bimini camper canvas. Front and rear connectors new (1 season old). Treated twice per year with waterproofing and UV protectant.

- Bottom paint system with Interlux Interprotect Barrier Coatings, and Micron CSC anti fouling. Professionally maintained every season.

- Electric JABSCO head with built in macerator

- 12V active cooler under wet bar

- SeaDek faux teak flooring applied to swim deck and throughout cockpit

- Lowrance HDS 7 Touch chart plotter and fish finder

- Smartcraft System Tach Gauge and 4-in-1 gauge, provides comprehensive feedback on engine

- Tasimo coffee machine and pod holder.           

- Comes with LOTS of accesories, and is truly a turn key boat for overnighting, inclusive of Magma BBQ and mounts, safety gear, life jackets, blanket, pillows, eating utensils, glasses, portable jump start battery, stowable tables and chairs, hand vac, orbital polisher, docking lines, taylor made fenders (including rail mount holders), and many other items.

Mark B.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Post edited by MarkB on

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    Nice job on the photos.  The ad looks great.  GLWS -- we'll be sorry to see you go.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds familiar Mark, our lives can change and guys who really love their boats won't let them just sit at a slip!

Wow, someone is going to get an amazing boat and the warranties are a super bonus. I have never seen a 260 so thoroughly optioned out.

And we know you are another of the OCD guys on the forum that take extra careful care of your boat, LOL

Plus if any of our American brothers buy it the saving to them will be huge!

Mark, if one of our American boating brothers contacts you I would be happy to share some tips on getting it across the border with a minimum of fuss and you are right on the border so that would be a lot easier than where my boat came from!

I really like that it can be switched from a cruiser to a full-on fishing boat and back in minutes! 

I'm sure it is a sad day for you but that beautiful boat will provide another family with great memories.

I bet the fish in your area will be glad to see that boat go!!!!!! LOL

Good luck! MT

• Options

Thanks LaRea - I'm going to definitely stick around on the forum. It's so much fun working on other people's issues and together finding a way to fix things. Very satisfying when someone posts "It's all fixed, thank you!".

MT, thanks brother. There's no doubt I'm going to miss her. Heck, I miss her when I'm sitting in this office, and I still own her!  I can see ourselves getting back into boating, but I'll probably need to wait until the kids are out of the house, and the admiral and myself can commit more time to the boat.  If I have my way, we'll be living in Florida (in a decade or so from now), and I'll have my own boat lift (like the lucky guys such as Handy!). It will be then that I will likely get back into it and I have no doubt it will be a Rinker.

If you will allow, here's what cemented my decision to buy my Rinker.

When I saw the boat at the Toronto boat show, I wasn't actually looking to buy another boat. But the price was right, and when I compared to other boats, I really felt I was getting great value for money. But I have to be honest, I didn't know too much about cruisers at the time, coming from a bow rider. I knew that I couldn't just make an assessment based on what I was seeing. And no doubt, buying a boat can be daunting, especially if you don't know what to look for. So someone recommended that I get the boat surveyed to make my mind up. I did.  The surveyor came back and said the build was better than he'd seen on many "top end boats". For instance he pointed out the deck and hull were glassed together. He told me (a) it's not cheap to do that and (b) it's way better than just screwing them together, which is what most boat manufactures do. The surveyor was truly impressed with the boat, and that was it, I was sold.

Since then I've heard many fiberglass guys tell me they hardly ever see issues on Rinkers, and "you'd be surprised what top brands we see problems with on the gelcoat and fiberglass."

In the end, it's a well built boat, and with a little bit of care, they last a long, long time. Furthermore, they offer great value for money. I don't think there's another boat out there that can claim both.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark, what the heck?
  • Options

We're all heading down to your piece of heaven, Steve! - you'll have to move to Cuba next! :-)

• Options

Steve, it's all good. I'm not going anywhere. If I have it my way, we'll get to use her the rest of the summer. It's running perfectly, and everything's paid up, so why not?

But I could imagine a prospective purchaser being excited about taking her over ASAP. We'll see what happens.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Good luck MarkB. Glad your still going to hang with us...........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭

Mark! Where were you in February when I bought mine :) I really wanted the 260 with the arch, I think it adds a lot, and yours is 3 years newer for not much more than I paid for mine. Anyway, it's a great boat, I'm sure it wont last long. Good luck!!

Bart

• Options

Thanks guys. It will definitely make someone happy. I agree, given it's in excellent shape, still has warranty, and the price is pretty appealing considering the low hours and extras ... it probably won't last long.

Knowing this boat inside out, it's also good that I'm accessible on this site to help with the new owner's learning curve.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sweet boat for sure, good luck and do hope you stay around to keep the novices like me out of trouble!
  • Options

Thanks Ras.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Here's some shots I took of the cockpit tonight.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Awesome, gotta sell fast!
  • Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    Oh man.. Mark B.  It's sad to see one of my 260 brethren leaving.  It was nice to have someone else contributing on the board with a 260, and you are good people.  Be sure to check back here once in a while. ;)  Hopefully the new owner will continue on this board as well.

Btw... Nice boat you have there.  I really like the flooring in the cockpit.  A question for you... did your cockpit table come with the pole mount offset like that?  Mine is in the center of the table and the table is in the way of the walk through area in front of the "cockpit refreshment area".

Funny... I've been throwing around the idea of selling mine too.  Haven't come to a decision yet.  My boat is a perfect fit for my needs, but of course I want to indulge.. lol  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options

Mike G, that pole mount offset is one of the many things I did to improve the boat. I went to a local aluminum workshop and they did a great job. It works very well and creates an additional 6" of room in the walkway, which is exactly why I did it.  I gave the aluminum shope the table top too, so they could make sure the taper on the pole was right and fit snug with the top.  One good thing about it is You can now pivot the top closer to one seat (if you want). Say you have a kid eating and you want to get the table closer to the back bench, no problem, you can swing it as much as you want now.

And I won't be going anywhere. I plan on staying on this site. I know my 260 inside out and that knowledge will stay with me, so I can continue to chime in (where I can). I hope the new owner will join this site too. I'll certainly point them in this direction. It will be great for them.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Good luck Mark. Our family will have to make a similar kid vs boat time decision in a few years.  It's hard to imagine a life without the boat at this point. It's part of our family and both kids only know a boat as part of their life. Both were on the boat as young as 2 months old.  It's great to hear my 7 year old talk about things most kids have no clue about. Seeing him learn about the sea and nautical life puts a smile on my face. We showed up at the marina tonight and my son says "wow dad, look at how high the tide is. Our stern is higher than the finger pier. Is it s full moon tonight?"  I hope our kids stay interested. 

Hope you continue to contribute. 
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Thanks Craig. My eldest (14) actually just got his boating license. Fist license he owns. I'm willing to bet no one else in his school (he's in grade 8) can say that of themselves. 

In a world where phones can occupy 90% of their time, it's high tide that we parents ensure our kids get a good dose of reality and boating just happens to be a really fun way to do that.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    ....time on the water improves I.Qs and lengthens life lines.
  • Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    MarkB said:
    Thanks Craig. My eldest (14) actually just got his boating license. Fist license he owns. I'm willing to bet no one else in his school (he's in grade 8) can say that of themselves. 

In a world where phones can occupy 90% of their time, it's high tide that we parents ensure our kids get a good dose of reality and boating just happens to be a really fun way to do that.

High tide..... My favorite auto correct ever :)
  • Options
    Hey Mark, If you haven't launched yet I bet the fish in your area are starting to "breathe easier" LOL!
  • Options
    LOL. We went out last weekend on my slip partners boat. Had a good time. Brought home a perfect BBQ sized chinook salmon. They're delicious on a cedar plank.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    That poor bugger probably was swimming along thinking he was safe without your boat in sight and BAM he's on a plank! Nice catch. They are extra good, imo, at this time of the year.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Well, there's been some good action on the boat. It had over 260 views on yachtworld last Friday ... the highest of anything listed by my broker nationwide. They say the average viewings for a boat is in the order of 8 to 12 per day, so 260 is off the chart.

Some people calling about booking a visit to see the boat. 

We've decided to buy a new house too ... so I'm negotiable. 

If you're thinking about this (and you should be! :)) then don't wait until it's gone.

In essence, it's basically a brand new boat at an over 40% discount.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Great news, but expected!
  • Options
    Hey Mark, any news?
  • Options

Broker is still working out dates with 2 people. One person ended up buying another boat from another broker.

Still available and I'm negotiable.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options

I bet it'll go fast - too many goodies to sit long!

• Options
    Mark, is the boat at your marina on blocks at the moment?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    In the water, ready to go. I've paid for the slip for the rest of the season. I'm sure anyone can take over without any cost this season, if they want to stay local.

We have a portal crane in the marina so getting a survey done is a breeze as well.

Whoever decides to buy this boat will have lots of peace of mind.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Just got back from the marina. What a beautiful weekend.

"Boat + Water = Fun"