Options

Airrrrrrrr thermostat

Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a nice working thermostat if anyone needs one. PM me. 

Comments

• Options
    buggyjdavbuggyjdav Member Posts: 134 ✭✭
    Darn... just bought a replacement for $189.
  • Options
    ulrch12ulrch12 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    where did you buy your replacement?
    CIRRHOSIS OF THE RIVER III
  • Options
    CarsnmorellcCarsnmorellc Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    So I've always wondered if my boat even has heat....?  I have a 2001 340 and my Thermostat looks just like that one with the AC and Heat light, but heat never comes on.  I believe I have AC only but the thermostat has always thrown me off.
    2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ulrch12 said:
    where did you buy your replacement?
    This place seems to have them and explanations on how to figure out what unit you have.

https://www.tampabaymarineair.com/2794.html

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    So I've always wondered if my boat even has heat....?  I have a 2001 340 and my Thermostat looks just like that one with the AC and Heat light, but heat never comes on.  I believe I have AC only but the thermostat has always thrown me off.

An easy way to find out is just turn the thermostat way up.  You could also look at model number on unit.  I had my heat running this past weekend.  Sure is nice for those times getting an early start on the boat! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I have turned it up as high as it goes and at that point the RED Heat light do not turn on.  So either I don't have heat, or it doesn't work.  And there has been so much with this boat that was either wrong or broken, I have zero idea.  
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, why do you have a working extra one!
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have turned it up as high as it goes and at that point the RED Heat light do not turn on.  So either I don't have heat, or it doesn't work.  And there has been so much with this boat that was either wrong or broken, I have zero idea.  
    Give it a few minutes to turn on. If it won’t then the valve may be stuck, could be an easy fix
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could also be set to cool only mode.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point! Start with a master reset, instructions are in the book 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    I agree with Greg.  There is a setting that is cool mode, heat mode, or both.  You should check it and set it to both.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Ok guess I will add that to my TO DO list when I get back home.  Well 2 to honest my power bill at my boat was like triple the amount it usually is.... so it could have kicked on when I was gone.  Slowly figuring it all out.
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I have the unit I pulled off: everything is good except for the valves in the compressor (the reversing solenoid for heat/ac is functional, best I know). I have the working controller, thermostat, etc. as well. Will be parting it out soon, or message me if you need stuff.
  • Options
    Thanks.  Will keep you posted, hopefully I'm just impatient and never gave it time to switch from AC to Heat and during the summer when the boat arrived it was always too hot anyways.