Options

2003 Rinker Fiesta VEE- Info inside for decals and stripes

jmichelsjmichels Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
For anyone looking to re stripe their boat with original color and size stripes I finally located the supplier and got them. Perfect match and looks awesome. 

Pro-Stripe sells a 2 inch wide "Dark Blue" stripe and also a 1/4 inch gold leaf stripe. Matches perfectly . Took me weeks of searching and getting samples until I finally located. Hope that helps someone else searching. 

Also had a guy custom make me new "Fiesta Vee 270" decals for the top sides that were worn and faded. They are unavailiable everywhere and sold out including great lakes skipper.

You need to purchase "hammered gold leaf" vinyl material and my guy was able to locate and match the font and did black background to great the black outline around it all. Came out mint and factory original.  If anyone needs them made I can pass along his info. 

Hope this helps someone!

Answers

• Options
    NorthernmichNorthernmich Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    I will definitely need Pro-Stripe soon! Thanks for the info jmichels!
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    I need this info please if you can pm it to me that would help.  I need this stripe that's just below where it says fiesta vee.  I have a black hull.  
  • Options
    Yup its pro stripe. You can get the "hammered" 1/4 inch pin stripe from them ( old is 3/16) no one will notice difference and the bottom stripe is 1 inch Pro Stripe. 

• Options
    the one inch goes down first and then the 1/4 inch over that on the bottom half to match the look of factory
  • Options

new stripes and Fiesta Vee

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    JMGINWV342JMGINWV342 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Did you change the stripes yourself?  How difficult to get old ones off and new ones on straight?

Thanks
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    @jmichels. So what  you are  saying is, the gold and black stripe come separate and you had to lay the gold on top of the black yourself?    Great looking boat btw, like the name.  
  • Options
    smvorca350zsmvorca350z Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Looks Great! - May I ask what the stripe & letting cost?
  • Options
    Did you change the stripes yourself?  How difficult to get old ones off and new ones on straight?

Thanks
    Yes I pulled them and re striped myself. The old ones weren't too bad. I used a heat gun and patience. Just go over it slowly with the heat gun and it will loosen the adhesive and start pulling. Pull too early when hot and it'll rip. Pull too late and it hardens back up. Just sweep the stripe with the heat gun wait one sec and then start pulling. It'll come right off. 

• Options
    Trashman said:
    @jmichels. So what  you are  saying is, the gold and black stripe come separate and you had to lay the gold on top of the black yourself?    Great looking boat btw, like the name.  

Yes its actually Deep Blue color not black. I can get the exact name on the box if you need it but if you look at a color chart you will see it right away. And yes they are 2 different stripes the top stripe ( above rub rail) is 1 inch and the hammered gold leaf is 1/4 inch. both from pro stripe.  

We loved the name too so we kept it. My wife is 70% irish so fits well lol.  Its a documented vessel so pain to change anyways.  Seems like it was meant to be. Adding our hailing port to the name today. Thatll give it the final touch. 
    Looks Great! - May I ask what the stripe & letting cost?

ill get my receipts. The "rinker fiesta Vee " I had made up and cost me $70 to have it made or both sides and I bought the actual hammered hold leaf material which cost me about $45 online.  I can send you the guys info if you like and he can run some for you and mail it. Hes in CT. 

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, looks sharp! I better get to work on mine!
  • Options
    here are the Pro Stripes I got. One is the gold and other is the blue.  matches factory identical.