Options

2013 Mtx 4.3 OBD on board light on

took out my rinker 2013 mtx 4.3 with catalytic converters on it and of course after 5 min running it the OBD light is on  dealer is 2 hours on way and out of warranty of course no warning audible s sounding boat runs perfect put 2 hours more on it with the light anybody know how to clear lamp or is it just for the emissions aspect of the boat please help

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has any engine work been done lately - even something simple? Several times with my 360 after service the tech forgot to clear a code and the light came on. I couldn't take a chance so I had to call him to the dock to clear it. There was no charge but it was a pita. I was told I could not clear it myself. That may have been bs but I have no way of knowing. I guess I could have called Mercruiser.
  • Options
    pinser1969pinser1969 Member Posts: 2
    No engine work  just normal oil change and winterized last fall this happened same thing last year once I took it out of storage I live Adirondacks New York so boat sits in storage for 6 months with battery out last year dealer told me nothing wrong just needed to be reset? Of course that was under warranty now it's not and the only older  mercruiser dealer on lake doesn't have the computer plug in to do it .