Options

Rinker shore power charging system

RinkerFishRinkerFish Member Posts: 3
I have a new to me 1999 Rinker 272 with a Guest shore power charging system. I have it plugged in a majority of the time but my batteries never seem to have a strong charge. 1 battery is new, the other is a year old. Can someone explain this system? Do I leave the breaker to "off" when charging? Do I leave the battery indicator to "both" when charging?

Best Answers

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The switch above your GFI outlet needs to be turned on for the shore power to work.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!

Answers

• Options
    RinkerFishRinkerFish Member Posts: 3

Just a port side shore power. Here is a picture.

• Options
    DanoDano Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
     I have the same system.  I connected to shore power, turned the breaker on at the "pole" and flipped the 110 on the board to ON.  AC "green" came on, and the battery charger red indicator light (port aft of the engine compartment) came on.  

GFI on the 110 is on, however, no power to the dash.  

If I turn the selector to one of the batteries, everything works.  

Shouldn't the shore power alone be enough? Am I missing a breaker?  
  • Options
    HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭

Sounds like it is working fine. The helm is run by battery power not your 110. That's why the helm works when you turn on your battery.
    "Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's
  • Options
    DanoDano Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Thanks Hamdog & Alswagg. That's a relief.  We had it stored for a year and a half, and I thought I was forgetting something.