Boatless!

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing worse than being boatless is staying at a marina you used to visit with your boat. We spent last night in the Delta Hotel (more about that later). It overlooks the municipal harbour in Kingston Ontario. I took a couple of pictures from the room's windows. The one that has a sail boat in it is where we used to tie-up our 360. The people staying in the waterfront Delta would wave to us and we'd wave back from our boats. I once said "I wonder what it feels like to sit in your hotel room and look out at people having fun on their boats?"  Now I know...... It sucks!

I also took a picture of the big Marquis. It is a beautiful boat but I "spanked" him with my Rinker. Some of you may remember waaay back I posted that the owner had a big party, probably 40 people on board. Waitresses, dock attendants the whole deal. At dusk he fired-up his underwater lights. Blue Ocean LEDs. Everyone went ooooh. I got up. The Admiral started laughing and said, "Well I would have won that bet." She said she bet that in under 60 seconds I'd be at my Oceans. I asked her how long. She said 35 seconds give or take. Anyway, I fired up my Ocean Extreme Color Changing/Strobing LEDs and they started to color change. The people looking over the side of that Marquis almost flipped it. Then for the coup de gras.... I hit color changing + strobe. I swear at least 35 of the people started clapping and shouting hoorah.  The owner of the Marquis looked like he was going to puke. The Admiral said, "Do you feel better now? Can you settle down and have a drink?". Yes, I said, I could.

Moral of that story? Don't mess with sleeping grizzlies, junk yard dogs and Rinker owners. It will never end well for you!  

I threw in a shot of one of the local ferries just because.....

BTW. It was at the hotel we stayed in last night that I wrote (last year?) about the wind gusting past the end of the hotel and hitting us 90 degrees amidships, catching our 360 as I went down a main fairway on Axius "docking mode" (low thrust) and having to wait about 5 seconds to switch to full thrust as the boat was being blown (quickly) at the line of anchors of all of the boats in the slips. Missed by inches, according to the Admiral. Oh the memories!

At least that friggin' Marquis didn't have its lights on last night....that would have been too much!

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 2017 370 has your name written all over it!!! I almost understand being boatless. Last weekend I was in Chicago and I was wishing I had my boat, or any boat for that matter. We went to the Navy pier and all I did was look at boats. We strolled along the water front at DuSable Harbor and I joked about how my 280 could be a dingy to some of the boats docked there. I even suggested to the admiral how we could move to the corn cob buildings and dock our boat in the marina at river level. The good thing was when we flew back to Pittsburgh on Sunday afternoon, we went straight to the boat from the airport. We spent the night and had a great holiday on the water on Monday.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg, I'm done for a while!.....but
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good story MT. Those memories make boating priceless.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely, just like the credit card commercial! And I hope you can get back in there MT, any way you can.
  • BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Yuk, would be weird to be looking down there without a boat now!

I know that Marquis, was in the water behind us this fall, and wintered at our marina. Owned by the Dilawri's I was told, and is for sale......2.6 mil!

http://cratesbelleville.com/brokerage-sales/

2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in ! did not get to make the trip by water, The river was to high, trailered 100 miles, 88 degrees on Monday, over nighted in a nice bay.
    Boat Name : 

edited June 2016

@BMXZ, who says selling cars doesn't pay! 2.6 mil.....Geez waaay above my pay grade!

@BMXZ, just got off the phone with a buddy who has seen that boat, he said yeah - they have been looking at 100 foot plus hulls...Really? BTW, that sucker is fiberglass and that hull IMO isn't as smooth as 99% of the new Rinkers I've seen.

@randy56, awesome pictures beautiful Rinker!

Greg, the Admiral has hit the sack for the night....quick -  you got any pictures of that 2017 Rinker 370?
  • BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Michael T said:

@BMXZ, who says selling cars doesn't pay! 2.6 mil.....Geez waaay above my pay grade!

@BMXZ, just got off the phone with a buddy who has seen that boat, he said yeah - they have been looking at 100 foot plus hulls...Really? BTW, that sucker is fiberglass and that hull IMO isn't as smooth as 99% of the new Rinkers I've seen.

@randy56, awesome pictures beautiful Rinker!

LOL 72 not big enough eh?? Crazy......
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael T said:
    Greg, the Admiral has hit the sack for the night....quick -  you got any pictures of that 2017 Rinker 370?
    Not yet... Just basics on the new website. I'm guessing it's a 360 rebadged as a 370. I'm sure there are updates on it making it different. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    @Michael T, just promise us that even though you're "boat less" you'll never leave us on the Rinker forum!! Don't know what we would do without your knowledge!! While the admiral is sleeping - someone get MT a brochure on that 370, STAT!!!!
    Just saying......... Hahahahahaha 
    Oops... This was the one I was trying to post... Looks like everything is an EX line instead of the old ECs... Looks like a 270, 290, 320,350, and 370 line up. 
  • gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    MT, anytime you're in Chicago you're more than welcome to take the 310 out, I'm sure you can handle it better than me!! I still have my Lund to use for some fishing...