Options

Bilge Pump Rocker Switch

kingsqueenkingsqueen Member Posts: 10
On my 2004 342 FV the rocker switch on dash does nothing when I flip switch. What exactly does this switch operate? The indicator light stays on constantly so I would assume power is running to it.
The bilge pump in engine compartment does work when filled with water. It will automatically discharge water when water fills and float rises. I just can't figure out what rocker switch on dash is for. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe 

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    The rocker switch activates both bilge pumps manually (bypassing the float switches).  Both pumps should stay on as long as the rocker switch is on.  Sounds like you might have a loose connection or a faulty switch.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
    Also, the light on the indicator will go on when the bilge pump runs with the float.  This can be useful if you notice the light on (without switch on), then your float switch is activated.  I noticed this once when a hose clamp let loose and water was coming in the engine room.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the light is on constantly it means it's running constantly. So the switch won't do anything because it's already running. My guess is you have a stuck float switch that is keeping the pump on.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    lionelzlionelz Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Check for loose connections in the wiring loom as that switch should operate the pumps manually