Options

Chicago weather....Arrrg!!

skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
Past 3 weekends have been 80's with either 60% chance of rain and or crazy amounts of wind.

Tough start to the season.
2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've had light/East winds. Makes a smooth Lk Mich here. This is today:

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks so beautiful...week days seems to be nicer than the weekends lately....unfortunately most of my boating is done on the weekend due to those dang jobs we have to go to.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very true. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....or you could have the week days free and no boat.....isn't that the way things seem to go? LOL
  • Options
    bench529bench529 Member Posts: 4
    I save my vacation days for the summer. Take allot of 1/2 days and single days based on the weather. Lake Michigan can be a little iffy in June. South winds is our friend out of Hammond. 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always said if I get voted in to lead the country I'd allow workers to choose any 5 days of the week to work. So you could look at the forecast and take your 2 days off when the weather is good! Lol.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Yeah weekends have been hit or miss here too. Most have been cold, rainy or foggy.  Although last weekend less memorial Monday (rain) was gorgeous and 75 on the beach.. Today was beautius and we were going to drop the hook overnight but a wall of fog hit the harbor around 6 as we were wrapping up dinner. It was the quickest dash to load the dinghy and then race west 8 miles to our marina and stay ahead of the fog coming from the east. Quite eerie as it was sunny where we were anchored but 500 yards to the beach the visibility was feet. Now I sit on the boat in my slip sipping whiskey as the rain patters the canvas and plans to move in for the next two days. Hopefully we and you get a full sunny next weekend.