Rinker 280 fiesta vee visual aids needed

zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
so since the boat is the in the water for the season And I can't use it until my pelvis heals lol it made think.
i want to add a exetended swim platform next year. I will install myself but does anyone have the same boat as me with pictures.
also does it effect plane speed or add drag.

second thing is I want to add Ac to the boat.
what btu the 280 comes with it what model was installed after purchase.
also any pics of the install and locations of how everything is routed.

do I need to add another shore power plug or can I just add another 30amp breaker and run from a single shore power plug.
thanks 

Comments

• zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Here is the 280 with swim platform I want . If anyone has this and Ac please comment on.
    Thanks.
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Our 280 had an aftermarket A/C-heat unit.  It also had a 4 foot platform from swimplatforms.com.  The A/C unit was installed in the midcabin cubby (starboard side) near the water heater.  The duct work ran behind the head up to the galley and v-berth.  The platform never seemed to cause an issue.  Both would make great updates.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

edited June 2016
    That's what I am thinking.
    i am
    actually looking into Ac / heat but instead of reverse cycle I want a electric heat option.
    i hear it's better.
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have used reverse heat to 45 degrees F and it was amazing. Why the electric heat option? to avoid the reversing valve system? Wouldn't the electric heat element option be more bulky?
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I'm assuming MT that you mean the water was 45F?  I've actually used the reverse heat on a night it got down to 22F, but water temp was in upper 30's.  I agree that the reverse heat works very well.  I've left the cabin door open as well and warmed the cockpit area. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

So, why go for a unit that doesn't use reverse heat?
    New units are not bulky. Actually the same size.
    its the valve system for sure but where I keep my boat power is free anyway lol
    they work like a Infared heater with a blower obviously and from the reviews work much better in colder climates.
    all the good deals are on standard reverse cycle units. So unless I score a deal I might just go with the norm.

• JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    I boat until they force me to pull sometimes late November even made it until December twice heat has never been a problem. Admiral stays warm even though she thinks I'm nuts lol
    DI that was 45 degree F air, the water was colder!