Options

4 Blade Prop for Bravo 2?

wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
I have a 2009 320 with 350 Mags and Bravo 2 drives. I am currently running the factory installed 17 3/4 X 21 pitch 3 blade aluminum props. Has anyone on the forum with a similar setup switched to 4 blade props? I've read claims by prop manufacturers that switching to a 4 blade will improve hole shot and efficiency at cruise speed. I would greatly appreciate feedback from anyone who has switched to a four blade setup. I searched this forum for posts posts on this topic but did not find anything specific to using 4 blade props on a similar application as my 320.

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe some guys have tried this, so you'll get some comments. I have not had a Bravo ll model but on one of the Bravo l drives that I had a 4 blade did increase hole shot and "bite" but dropped the top end. It also dropped the rpm band to the bottom of the engine's rated WOT, so be careful with that as you do not want to "lug" your engines a situation that wears them out a LOT faster.
  • Options
    wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    Thanks MT, if I made the change to 4 blade props I think that I would have to go down in pitch to keep my motors running in the proper max RPM range. It will be interesting to hear if anyone has made this change and the results.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....and as you know 1" pitch (rake and diameter being the same) changes rpm by 200
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    20 pitch with diameter change