Options

Rinker Boats Advertising

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

We all know how I feel about Rinker boats. I have bought 7 of them new including 2 big cruisers in one year. What I don't get is the crappy website.

I get Global Nautic not doing anything with the website - they were - IMO di*kweeds., But Rinker...?

First, up-date the friggin' site! Hire someone's 6 year old grand daughter (heck mine would do a better job) and get new data on the site.

Second and IMO equally important why not have a DIRECT like to their sales site with pictures of the CUSTOM work lots of guys ON THIS FORUM have done to make their Rinkers look FABULOUS. Most people can NOT imagine the possibilites of their purchase. It's all about marketing.

When I owned a construction company I used to have a book of pictures of our custom work, then later on a lap top. I'd show what we could do to prospective clients - people would say Ohhhhhh wow, it could look like that? I used to think no sh*t buddy don't you have an imagination?

If I owned Rinker I'd have a direct - linked site to custom shots of what Rinker owners have done to their rides to really get potential purchaser excitement going.

If I owner Rinker I would a friendly competition and have categories for custom work done on Rinkers that owners could vote on or the company itself would decide on..... and the winners would get Rinker gear. Or better yet ant picture selected the owner would get Rinker gear. ANYTHING to show the awesome POTENTIAL of Rinker boats.

What do the other guys show on their boats? Girls with bikinis! OK....well, that's not bad but we could do that WITH the custom LED lights too! LOL

IMO it's all about pride of ownership, customizing the boats and generating buzz. My boats generated buzz. I'm sure my boats sold Rinker boats over the years. 

Just ask @gtyee and @bry1429 how many compliments they have received on the docks. Seriously, ask them!

Just IMAGINE how many compliments some of the custom work and LED work the guys on this forum have posted, just the last while alone, would generate.

Ever seen as many cool boats of other brands on the docks? I haven't. I'd slip near them at marinas and the crowd would be at my Rinker and other Rinkers!

I'm just saying, come on Rinker - get with it! You do it 80% right - let's shoot for 95%!

get some custom OWNER shots on your website!

That's it, I feel better now.

Comments

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you Michael, it would get people excited about what their new Rinker COULD BE.... But, I bet Rinker feels like that would be promoting aftermarket products and not genuine Rinker products. Years ago I used to be a custom car audio/alarm installer... The factory automakers did EVERYTHING in their power to put us out of business(multiplexing, crazy door-lock relay configurations, transponder keys, etc)... Even the salesman at the dealerships used to say "if you have an aftermarket radio or alarm installed it will void your warranty!"... I guess they figure that if they aren't doing the work or selling the products, the. Then they aren't making the money. 
  • Options
    @diggin2day1....very interesting! New perspective for me but I get it! That must have been really annoying!
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    We used to keep a copy of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act framed on the shop wall... Basically saying that they can't void your warranty by putting in a stereo or alarm... 
  • Options
    captpaulcaptpaul Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    we get back to what has been raised on various posts, and that there has yet to be a difinitive sign from bennington and its plan for the rinker brand it has under its umbrella. little bit and pieces of info sourced sporadically thru this site is a major brand management blunder. they have had plenty of time since the deal was announced to get their house in some semblance of order and develop a communication strategy. this site and the participants are a huge brand support medium and that nothing has been directed to us as a group is just plain DUMB on their part. it makes you wonder a little at this point.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I will say one thing Nautic Global did do for at least me (well, many members here actually) was send me a bunch of promotion stuff for the Rinkervous each year.  Looks like I won't be getting any this year since we are in the middle of nowhere right now.  It really made things fun giving out Rinker stuff for different "theme" party things!  I also bought Rinker gear to hand out as well.  All boats, even the non-Rinkers, got Rinker stuff!  Talk about great advertising, and I even got some great pictures modeling the stuff on the boats, but they never wanted it.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    Agreed MT. The Rinker site could be better all around.  I did find it boring and uniformitive. 
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    If there is one place to rebrand yourself and try to generate buzz it's your industries biggest trade show of the year. Even if it doesn't net huge sales it speaks to your committment to the space. As I previously mentioned, but less bluntly, their showing at the Miami boat show was pathetic. Their advertising compared to the biggest competitors bordering on embarrassing. Yes they build good boats but if they want to be successful they cannot operate how they did 15+ years ago.  I'm hoping Bennington will give them the needed investment to grow. If you're not growing your dying. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    I think we need to give them a little more time I guess. They say the site is still under construction but one would think it would be a priority to get it done....  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    I agree Ray. Hire a high school kid. Tell them what you want done. Rinker has awesome product but the website doesn't reflect it!