Options

Trapped water in hull of captiva 232

Capn_RussCapn_Russ Member Posts: 1
1998 Rinker Captiva 232 cuddy
Ive owned boat 2 yrs. Found trapped water under the floor in cuddy area and where u step down into the cuddy. I rigged up my shopvac to get the water out but i cant really inspect the area, as there is no access. My thought is that there should be limber holes down the center of hull to the bildge. Im considering cutting in an inspection hatch and hopefully locating a clog, removing it, so it all drains right. Hesitant to do so because if im wrong i have a useless inspection hatch etc. I am hoping somebody out there with this boat has experienced this. Please let me know if and how you have delt with this.

THANKS For any input!

Comments

• Options
    dwolfdwolf Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
     I see no one has chimed in on this I also have a 1996 Captiva 232 that had water trapped in the cubby area what I did to solve this was to pour a little bit of bleach and whitewall cleaner down the drain and let it sit for a little while then stuck a water hose into the drain at full pressure and blessed it for a few minutes and then vacuumed as much as I could out of it and I did this several times Until finally the drain and stopped and water started coming out the back of the boat behind the outdrive.  This drain in the cubby area seems to get stopped it really easy I'm not sure how it channels through the boat but it doesn't empty out into builds it appears that it comes through the wall of the transom and then empties out into the rear drain but I'm not positive but I don't see any water running through the bilge area when I'm filling the water up in the cuddy Anyway I hope this helps someone just persistence pays off but a little white wall and bleach will break any kind of Greece or oil up that might be stopping it up
  • Options
    elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Black slimy mildew, etc builds up because there isn't good airflow down there.  Then it breaks loose sloshing around and clogs the drain passages. 

Use a product called X14 mildew remover.  Your entire bilge will be sparkly white and it does a good job of preventing it from coming back so quickly. 

Get the the front of the boat as high up in the air as possible after use and while it sitting waiting for next outing as well.