Options

New simrad go7 xse-what can I plug in?

TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
I just installed my new toy ( simrad go7 on ram mount) while I'm simultaneously painting the bottom.  I have a 2004 350 mpi horizon. Can I acces info from the engine control module and what would I need.  Any ideas welcome, I know nothing about this technology. It is nmea 2000 compatible. 

Comments

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    You will need a N2K module that plugs into your engine and then into the N2K network. Just depends if your engine is SmartCraft compatible. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    How do I find if my engine is smart craft compatable?
  • Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Where did you get that mounting arm?  I have a new Raymarine E97 on the way and I am looking for something just like that!! 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    RAM mounts has a website....I bet a mount like @Trashman's is on there RAM makes make a lot of high quality mounts. I have also seen them at Walmart and Home Depot in the AV sections.
  • Options
    MT is correct.  The mount is extremely well built.  It swings out of the way perfectly.  You could stand on that thing, lol.  Bought mine through cabelas.  It looked smaller and I thought it was plastic when I ordered.  It's aluminum.  Ram mounts have a lot of options and I didn't want it on the dash or in the way of the steps leading to the bow.  Very happy with the mount.  Thought it was a little pricey but when it arrived, I had no issue with the price.