Options

Customized Rinker Picture Category

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a thick skin so if you think my idea is stupid just say so, I can take it.

I think the custom work you guys have done is amazing. I have never seen anything like it on a "normal" boating site. Big Powerboat Clubs yeah, but they're racing machines.

I ask that the Moderators look over the comments to this (if any) and consider a special category for posts separate from Rinker Photo Gallery. In it guys could post custom work they have done. Anything custom to, in or on the boat from graphics, to lighting, to TV installs, anything custom.

If it were a separate "custom" gallery the pictures of custom work would be all together. No pets, bikinis, boats on rocks - just customized Rinkers.

I would respectfully request that everyone make a brief post with pictures that are attached as small jpegs not full sized pictures that way we would not have to wait for full sized pictures to load and we could click on any we wanted to see and enlarge them.

Doing so would also allow anyone to quickly scroll through the postings.

Of course other guys could post questions or PM for special details.

I think it would be an awesome site to look at - different from our past and the present on other sites. Let's start something cool?

Any thoughts?

Of course amendments to the idea welcome.

Maybe we could start the first customized post  with @bry1429 shooting a video of his underwater lights (after he cleans them off - how cold is the water Bryan? LOL)

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael good idea. We want a place to show off our work!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    Great idea. I have no imagination at all, but I love to copy good ideas from people who do. Just one picture could help us all...
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a great idea... The two main reasons I frequent this forum: 1.) troubleshooting. 2) to see custom work for ideas on my own Rinker. LETS DO IT!!!!
  • Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Michael, I would only be showcasing (taking credit, HA!)  all the fancy upgrades you did to the 360.
  • Options

That's kind of what I hoped to hear.

Some of you who have posted on this idea have done amazing work and many of us have learned super custom tricks from you....but they are buried all over the place on different threads.

I hoped other guys would think it cool to have them all in one place.

BTW I think it would help sell Rinkers as showing custom work on Rinkers would be like "staging" a house for sale showing how cool it could look.

Mark, your boat is a prime example - a total fishing machine, that converts back in minutes - who would have expected that of a 260?

@bry1429...buddy you put a 16 LED color changing light between the drives. that was awesome smart.

Diggin', Frodo, Chamberb....amazing work too - others need to see it IMO. 

...all you guys have done amazing work. lets show it!!!!

• Options

Here it is without and with fishing gear on. The downrigger in the second photo comes off in 2 minutes via 2 wing nuts, leaving a thin 4mm aluminum base plate that is not noticeable at all (it's off in the first photo, looking through the canvas). The rod holders (small black bases) are all that's left behind once the actual rod holder comes off (shown in third photo).

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Exactly what I want to see on a custom Rinker site, just with the small icons like below your post to save space LOL....but IMO this type of customization - that you have done, + the other guys posts of the lights, the tables, the TV conversions etc. etc. etc. should have their own category!
  • Options
    Sorry, I had to. You mentioned LED lights. Lol.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    GREAT idea, I've done a BUNCH of MODS to my 342 and will post up some pics this weekend.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    DanD2....we have to get the Moderators to create the site first. I'll ask now.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Hey guy's moderators can not add categories. We are very limited on what we can do. I have spent about 3 hours over the last couple days just trying find out if I could add a category but unfortunately I cant................ Sorry!!!!! now I am thinking out loud maybe what we can do is add a thread and I can "announce" it then "close" it send me a PM with the pictures and comments and I can post them on the "closed announcement". Holy smokes that's going to be a PITA for me......lol lets try that and see how it goes............
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Very kind of you to volunteer Ray but IMO that is asking too much of you.

Would Rinker be able to initiate a new category or Vanilla Forums? Who controls the site?

I would think Rinker would love something like this?

I would be willing to get on the phone and chase this down as it's my idea then report back - if I had the contact information for the website or someone at Rinker.