Options

Shipping a 420

Does the hardtop require removal to ship a 420?  If so is this somthing that a shipping company would do?

Comments

• Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    All depends where your at and where your headed, who's hauling it and what type of trailer they have and how much experience the transporter has. I would do everything possible to NOT have to remove the entire top.   There is a lot determining whether you have to remove the top or just remove all the hardware from the top. Myself along with Michael T just completed such a haul with a 360EC from Canada down to Chicago. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

Al, I agree with you about removing the top for the big Rinkers, series 400. There were no quick disconnects that we could find on the 2014 EC 360. The VHF antenna was even factory soldered into the back of the VHF according to the tech who looked at it. I wanted to remove the top for shipping to be safe. But the techs soon said it would be a nightmare to do so. Luckily we didn't have to as Kim Slocum got involved and told us not to remove it and that his new 2016 Rinker EC 360 would be transported all over the US to shows with its top on. The 400 series, well that's another cat entirely! Maybe they have OEM disconnects because the tops have to come off in many cases?

Post edited by Michael T on