Options

232 Courtesy Lights

KMingeeKMingee Member Posts: 0
Hi everyone,

I'm a brand new boat owner - just picked up a 2006 232 - and am really enjoying these forums.  I've found answers to most of my maintenance questions but need to ask a hopefully trivial question. . .

One of the courtesy lights that run along the floor is out and I was wondering how to remove the cover to get to the bulb.  Do I simply pry it out or is there a more elegant way?  I can spin it 360 but didn't feel like it was keyed. 

I figured you guys would know!  Just trying not to tear it up!

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Welcome to the RBOC. On my boat there is a little slot that you use to pry the lens off.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Brite EyesBrite Eyes Member Posts: 5
    If your boat has the LED type, they are from ETC.  You have to remove the assembly from the inside.  I simply replaced the LED bulb itself with a new one from Radio Shack.  Good Luck
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    edited May 2013
    I find that the LED leads crack right at the integral dropping resistor board.   Resolder and you should be good to go.   If not,  replace the LED as previously mentioned or buy another assembly.   I have a link where you can get them at a reasonable price.   I'll post it as soon as I can find it. 

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme