Options

GREAT NEWS......Up-Date From Rinker - Owners Rinker Customization Category

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just received an e.mail from Steve Wheatley at Rinker. He said he just got home last night and someone at Rinker had already sent Kim Slocum our request to have a category on the Forum for Owner Customized Rinkers

Steve said "Kim was all smiles!"

IMO this is great news. I have a feeling that you guys are going to have so much fun with this and that Kim and Steve are going to work with this Forum like never before.

BTW I had a great conversation with Kim in the early 90s when I wanted to put a huge engine in my Rinker 190. He said "go for it!" I did. I put a 390 HP engine in a Rinker 190. At the time it was an entry level bow rider from Rinker. It came stock with a 3.0 liter engine. You could order a 4.3LX for more power. I did that. Then I put in a 350 magnum. Finally I put in a 383/390HP with Bravo l. That boat beat anything on the water at a 70 mpg GPS verified speed.

So you had an entry level $16,000.00 boat that was built so strong that it could take (for 20 years+ now) a 390 HP monster in it without ripping out the stringers! Try that in another brand of boat....and good luck with nthat LOL! Rinker builds TOUGH boats!

But here's my main point:

Kim Slocum ( and I think so does Steve Wheatly) LOVES cool stuff. He has a reputation for doing all kinds of custom work on his Rinkers back in the day - engine swaps - you name it. Kim was a top rated water skier and boat driver a true "river rat"! .....and now he's in charge .......HOW COOL IS THAT going to be for YOU?????

I have have handed over all of the contact information to Ray (he will do an AWESOME job for you) as it is he and the other moderators who have moderated and babied this forum for years.

It is not my place to continue with this so I will step back now. If I hear anything cool I will for sure tell you, but my work on this is done!

I think it's pretty awesome that I can still get so excited just talking about a Rinker  after 26 years?

Cheers, Michael

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Great news MT...... I just sent Steve an e-mail and hopefully he gets back to me. Exciting times here on the RBOC!!!!!!!!!!!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do have one, respectful, suggestion when this category (Owners Customized Rinkers) gets running.

If the pictures were loaded as icons instead of full pictures it would make a huge difference when up-loading the category.

If a picture uploads as a full sized shot in the main body of the post it can be right clicked on and deleted. It should then turn-up as an icon at the bottom of the post that the guys can click on after reading the post.

IMO that would make for a much faster loading and cleaner category.

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Here is an update. I spoke to Steve and had a 40 minute very positive conversation with him. He gave me the history of the sale of the company to Bennington and the state of the company now. Looks like he is going to give me a little more control of the forum so we can make changes. We exchanged ideas for a few minutes and I will keep everyone updated as to what might happen with the forum. BTW I sent him an e-mail to call me at 10:50am and he called me at 11:30am so he and Kim are very excited about the RBOC 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Hey, just catching up here a bit. This is great news! It'd be great to have a little more control of some things on here. I love that they care about the forum and I think we compliment the Rinker brand nicely!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express