Options

Depth gauge

tscsrtscsr Member Posts: 1
hp alarm on the depth finder keeps going off y?

Comments

• Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    Faria manual will teach you how to change your settings. http://faria-instruments.com/site_manuals/IS0197_D_DTDS-manual.pdf

• Options
    dwolfdwolf Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
     Does anyone know the brand of depth gauge this used on the 1996 Rinker Captiva 232 . I need some operating instructions and seems to always tell me when the water is deep but it never tells me when is shallow and I get an alarm when I going to Deepwater but I don't get out alarm when I going to Shallowater I cannot figure this thing out . Thank you for any help 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be a Lowrance 3500. That is what was on my 98 232cc when I owned it.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
     Is that a small round gauge with another button in the down button on the front ?
  • Options
    Ive just discovered while my boat was in my garage so i could work on interrior that theres an oily spot under my boat. I crawled underneath to take a look and discovered the oil is coming from a round black rubber or plastic piece atteched to the bottom of boat about 2' or so from transom. My guess is this has something to do with debth gage
    Looked inside under engine,there a black round thing eith wires coming from top,i was able to turn it in both directions so figured it was loose,tightened it snug,cleaned floor, next day,oil on floor again. Its never had leak befor,hS neve gotten water inside either. Will this cause water to get inside the boat? I think it must have gotten damaged somehow while algea was being removed.
    The oil turns out to be coming from a leak somewhere around the outdrive,i have to add a couple ounces a day depending on how hard i runnthe boat.. i cant figure out where the leak is though,just no its inside the boat not outside.checked  reservoir it seems to be fine the house leaving from the reservoir to the transom seems to be fine but it could be leaking at the transom  but I can't tell. any ideas on where the leak could be and why I have oil leaking through the hull onto the floor of my garage..i hope that i havent damaged anything when i turned the black thing trying to stop oil from escaping the  bilge . I assumed that the thing I'm talking about is the transducer for the depth gauge but I'm not sure.  I need someone's help and advice on what to do in both of these situations I hope I don't have to pull the outdrive in order to fix this leak. I have no oil around the outdrive or anything it's all in the bilge. Thank you in advanve for any advice
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    So it's gear oil and not motor oil or trim etc 
    Trace to find oil leak and also check drive for water intrusion
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Fyi
    transducer needs to come out
    surfaces cleaned and then 5200 applied to both sides and tightened again 
  • Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the hose from the outdrive gear oil reservoir may have split or come loose at the end that goes through the gimbal housing on the transom unless you have an old style that you fill from the side of the drive itself.  The gear oil is the dark 90 weight lube to the drive as opposed to the trim fluid.  Z already mentioned resealing the fitting for the depth transducer.  If oil can leak out, water can leak in eventually. 
  • Options
    zaverin1 said:
    Fyi
    transducer needs to come out
    surfaces cleaned and then 5200 applied to both sides and tightened again 
    how do i remove transducer? is it supposed to be flush with the bottom of the boat,it sticks out maybe 1/16-1/8" just doesnt look right,i dont remember it bein like this.thought it was flush.
  • Options
    zaverin1 said:
    So it's gear oil and not motor oil or trim etc 
    Trace to find oil leak and also check drive for water intrusion
    its gear iol,i have to add about 2oz a day depending on how i drive it. best i can tell the leak is behind engine,cant really tell exactly where though. thinkn i might have to pull the outdrive,something ive never done.could the leak be in side outdrive and somehow being pushed back into the boat? i see no evidence of water intrusion anywhere.i assume when i pull outdrive ill see the hose from the fill reservoir to the outdrive? im not looking forward to this at all,even though its only minor leak id rather repair it now while boat is home than something happen while out on the water. in few month i plan on motoring my boat to the bahamas for about a month,gotta make sure everything is tip top shape.anything i should look for while drive is off? there are no strange noises or anything coming from outdrive,preforms well other than the minor leak
  • Options
    dwolf said:
     Is that a small round gauge with another button in the down button on the front ?
    seems to only let me no when im in deep water,why would i want to no this? its shallow water i want to be aware off. takes it a few min. to come on after starting boat. ive tried resetting it by using the two buttons but still seems to only give deep water alarm. im not sure its even given correct depth.how can it be checked? is it expensive to replace?
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    @dwolf, if you are seriously thinking about motoring over to the Bahamas (Bimini is closest) don't just do it on a whim. Careful and diligent planning is paramount to a safe passage. Bass Pro Shops has an article that is a good place to start entitled " Boaters Guide to the Bimini Crossing." Going with a group is highly recommended and your boat needs to be in A-1 condition. Always put safety as your primary consideration and have a great time and lets see pictures for sure!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +++++++ on that planning as we did for our Key West trip. Also make sure you are packin
  • Options
    @dwolf, if you are seriously thinking about motoring over to the Bahamas (Bimini is closest) don't just do it on a whim. Careful and diligent planning is paramount to a safe passage. Bass Pro Shops has an article that is a good place to start entitled " Boaters Guide to the Bimini Crossing." Going with a group is highly recommended and your boat needs to be in A-1 condition. Always put safety as your primary consideration and have a great time and lets see pictures for sure!
     I've been planning this trip for about three years so I'm not going off just willy-nilly and I know I want to cross with some other people I've been reading every article I can get my hands on and I've watched many videos on it and I've been going through my boat top to bottom making sure everything is a one condition. And I'll have lots of good pictures because I plan on flying a drone while I'm there.