Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice fit!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    duane.mosleyduane.mosley Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
     in order to store my gas can in the same location, i will have to remove the hot water tank. we never use it so the storage gained will be worth it. not too mention, if for some forsaken reason i have a spill, the floor pan for the hot water heater should contain the spill and keep it from going into the engine compartment (i will block the drain)as well as the sleeping birth.  i will keep the hot water tank for when i sell if the new owner wants to put it back. here is the link for the door that i used. i was wrong on the price, it was cheaper than i thought.

http://greatlakesskipper.com/premier-bone-colored-21-1-8-x-19-3-4-inch-starboard-boat-access-door-hatch

• Options
    got the hot water heater out and WOW!! the amount of storage you gain is amazing! i  will snap a picture tomorrow when i have more light. now i need to make a catch pan for rain water under the garbage can and have it drain off into the bilge. with storing my genny in that hole, i would like to keep as much water out of there as i can and we've all been caught in pop up storms!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    @duane.mosley a friend of mine just bought a 24 FV he might be interested in buying your old hot water heater. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    @duane.mosley a friend of mine just bought a 24 FV he might be interested in buying your old hot water heater. 
    The operating condition is unknown. It was not working and I did not trouble shoot to see why. I'm just going to hold onto it so if and when we sell the boat, it will be there if they want it. 
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @duane.mosley what is the actual size of the Honda?
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    2000eu model 
  • Options
    Kind of digging up an old thread here. @duane.mosley what is your opinion of the EU2000? I am thinking of getting one for my 280 but just curious if it can carry the load of the AC when out
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Ryobi version of the Honda and it will run the AC. One thing I noticed is that when it is on ECO mode, it sometimes won't let the AC kick on. I like having the option of running the AC while out on a hot day.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant speak for the ryobi's but I know that there is an attachment out there for the Honda that minimizes the surge of the AC kicking on. May let you run it in eco mode. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Would love to be able to run the AC on those humid miserable days Greg. Besides for charging the batteries when on the hook all weekend as well
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Lot of Infos just write Honda generator in the search box
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never store this in the engine room. 
  • Options
    jme097 said:
    Kind of digging up an old thread here. @duane.mosley what is your opinion of the EU2000? I am thinking of getting one for my 280 but just curious if it can carry the load of the AC when out
    i love my eu2000. i started using it for work on a daily basis and wouldn't buy anything else. i agree with cable guy greg about the eco throttle not having enough starting power for the ac compressor. it would allow my compressor to kick on, but it was so loud that it would wake you up every time. i just started running with the eco throttle off once i went to bed. i would leave it on eco throttle  until the boat got down to temp and while we were awake, but as soon as we went to sleep, i would just kick the eco throttle off. with the fans in the boat running(can't sleep with out one) couldn't here the genny once the door was closed. i just run my genny on the swim platform and have two carbon monoxide detectors and we've been fine.

• Options
    I cant speak for the ryobi's but I know that there is an attachment out there for the Honda that minimizes the surge of the AC kicking on. May let you run it in eco mode. 
    i will need to do some research on this and find that attachment
  • Options

• Options
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Have to give compliments to Honda. There has been a Honda 2000 in our family since bought new around the year 2000. I’ve ended up as the keeper since I was the only one changing the oil and maintaining over the years. Realized recently though that I haven’t ran it in 5 years! Luckily I ran the gas dry last time I used it March 2016. 

5 pulls and it fired right up today! Ran an electric power washer off of it for a while to get a load on it. What a well built piece of equipment. 5 years!!

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honda EU 2000 will struggle to start a 9000 AC unit.  You'll probably have to turn everthing else off and only a newer ac at that unless you toss in the soft start capacitor.

Also for those looking, a quiet generator isn't quiet when running your ac or microwave or air fryer.  Expect maybe 5 to 6 hrs run time running the AC all night. 

They now make a Honda eu2200 which should start up to about an 11000 btu ac with no other loads going.

Im both a Honda and generac dealer, i prefer the generac price. 

Generac has a 3000 watt generator that's just a little bigger than the 2000 models and about 70 lbs.  The biggest perk is a bigger fuel tank.

I hope to get 7 or 8 hrs run time with the AC on and hopefully run the coffee maker in the am before the little lady wakes so I can troll for large month and stripe bass before she wakes up.  Without cutting the a.c. off that is.  

As always you don't have spill proof carb on the small portable generators even if you can turn the fuel off and close the fuel cap vent. I store it on the deck of the boat, id never store it in any locker or especially engine hatch.   She has a float style carb that could leak if she fell over or possibly shaken hard enough.  If you want to test the spill limits buy a Honda eu2000 China knock off carb on eBay or Amazon for 30 bucks.  Your Honda EU uses a fuel pump but when cut off she still has a bowl full of fuel unelss you drain the bowl.

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,576 mod
    This is an enduring conversation that never fails to make me uncomfortable.  There is a long and well-documented list of ways that portable generators can kill boaters.  Some people use a portable without any real clue about the risks.  Some people understand the risks, and try to mitigate them, but it still makes me uncomfortable.   

Call me a wimp if you want.  Just don't fire up your portable when you're tied up to my boat.  
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 year old thread. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Yea just complimenting the Honda which we use for home use...

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,576 mod
    Necrothread for sure, but the topic comes up every year.  @PickleRick and I agree about most everything except portable generators and Sidney Crosby.   :D
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LaRea is right.  Most portable generators don't have a ground wire,  stay electric current can kill unsuspecting swimmers.  I don't allow swimmers in the water when running, I only run the AC at night anyway while the family is sleeping.  I've yet to get a shock taking a leak off the back but it's always a thought.