Options

The Future of Rinker, as Told by Rinker President Kim Slocum

Loyal, passionate and hardworking; these are the words that make up the essence of the Rinker brand. Having worked for this company from 1973 to 2012, then stepping back aboard in late 2015, I have experienced the vast changes and growing pains this company has had to endure and overcome.

Though a company rarely shares the vantage point of such pains with customers, I assure you, change is coming. In the past nine months, we have hired many of the original Rinker innovators to aid in delivering the best-valued boats on the water—and we can see that is working. In the first quarter, Rinker produced and sold more cruisers than we did in all of 2015.

In 2017, we plan on continuing to light the passion, one boat at a time, by integrating more upgrades and features in your favorite models. Some of these changes are still on paper, yet a few have already made their way onto the production line. We realize we can’t keep you anxiously anticipating forever, so we would like to invite you to witness them yourself.  

From July 15 to August 15, Rinker will be hosting an open house every weekend. During this time, the public can walk into the very facility that houses the ideas, parts and pieces of our 2017 line. Can’t make it on the weekend? That is fine. All forum members will be extended an exclusive special open house reservation, where you can set up a specific time/date with Rinker to come visit the plant throughout the month-long open house. Just give us a call: (574) 457-5731.

Thank you for remaining a loyal group of Rinker supporters. We greatly understand our responsibility of creating a better Rinker Value, and we look forward continuing in this mission.

Best,

Kim Slocum

President of Rinker Boats 

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kim, Thanks for your contued work on the Rinker line,  living in the southern part of Indiana and would love to visit.  Open house sounds allright. Thanks for the suport of the forum.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Kim This is such great news for Rinker and Rinker boat owners. I also want to thank you and Steve and of course Rinker for keep this forum up and running. I look forward to continue to help run the forum. Again great news and best of luck
    Thank you
    Ray*
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

Kim,

Having purchased five Rinkers brand new and owned seven in total I have always admired your love of Rinkers which was evident to me from discussions I had with you more than two decades ago.

Kim, in my opinion, Rinker deserves your leadership, innovation, love of life and dedication and you deserve to be the one who makes Rinker all that it can be.

Great things are on the horizon for Rinker and its owners. I hope great things are on the horizon for you, Steve, Randy and all of the Rinker family.

This IS a new day at Rinker!

MT

• Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    Kim,
    As a new Rinker owner and new member of the forum, I can say that I am extremely proud to own a Rinker. After looking at many boats I am extremely impressed with the quality and design of the brand.  I am also very impressed that you took the time to write to us, communication is key and I believe will ensure the future of this great line of boats. 
  • Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Hello Mr. Slocum.

I must say that I am VERY enthusiastic about the Rinker brand.. hearing that people with an actual passion for the company are now part of the scene again!  Of course, I already liked Rinkers, so...   :D   B)

When I bought my 2014, it did have some quality control issues.  My boat ended up going back to the factory for the winter and had all of the "issues" sorted. I visited the factory that winter and it was still an impressive setup!  Since then, my boat has been great! (almost 80 hours run time in summer 2015!)  Puts a smile on my face every time I step aboard!

Something about Rinker boats is so much more appealing than other brands I've looked at.  I don't know if it's the "sporty" feel of the hulls, the clean design, the great value and quality feel.  Whatever it is, I love it!

I've starting thinking of selling and moving up/side-ways.  I will definitely make the trip to check out what is coming.  A new "big" bowrider/cuddy boat maybe? (like a Sun Sport?) ;)  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Kim - it means a lot to us here on the forum that you dropped in for a visit, and that you and Steve are interested in the forum.  We're proud of the community we've built here, and thankful that Rinker has supported the forum all these years. 

I hope you'll visit every now and then to give us the scoop on product announcements or other news.  We can be your ambassadors to the boating world.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kim, that is great news. Like the others have stated, we are proud Rinker owners and we will support the brand at all costs. I am on my 3rd Rinker and plan on a 4th sometime in the future. I would love to take you up on a factory tour. Like LaRea stated above, please drop in an see what we are up to and to give us the inside scoop.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    By the way, don't be bashful about posting info that Rinker publishes elsewhere.  A lot of forum members don't do Facebook or Twitter.
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Thats awesome! 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Kim, thank you for posting.  I am going to look into getting a few of us Rinker owners from the east coast to take you up on the invitation.  I'd sure love to see a Rinker dealer come back to my area.  If there is anything we can do to help promote new Rinkers, please don't hesitate. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Mr. Slocum,

Thank you for your words of encouragement.  Your loyalty, passion and commitment to the Rinker brand are truly appreciated.

As I am sure your are aware, we have a very dedicated and passionate bunch here. In keeping with my fellow moderator's comment above, if there's anything we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Oh, and don't be a stranger!

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome words!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's great when a company stands behind their product!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Kim

As the proud owner of a Rinker and CEO/Owner of my own company, I can appreciate the past struggles as well as the deep desires to get better and the immense passion to succeed you and the team are showing. 

Anything I can do to help personally or professionally to support Rinker...let me know. 

Eric Larson, CEO
    ValuePoint Material Solutions