Options

Finally FIXED!!

NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
To anyone that has been following the saga of my port engine troubles, it turned out to be a corroded connection.  Honestly, I think I had multiple issues, so replacing some of those parts was probably wayyyy overdue anyway.  Under the fuse box that sits on top of the engine, there is an electrical connection (it is not connected to the fuse box.)  One of the standard four wire plugs with an orange rubber gasket is plugged in there.  It did not get inspected or checked before because it is so hard to get to.  You have to remove the fuse box from the top of the engine to get to it.  My wonderful Admiral is actually the one that discovered it.  Well, one of those connections was greenish with corrosion.  Some tiny pieces of sand paper and some corrosion X cleaned it up and we spent all day on the water yesterday.  It was awesome!!  Except the genny stopped spitting water...probably the impeller, or sucked up some sea grass, easy fix either way.

To all of you that posted to my "Engine Trouble, Help" thread, THANK YOU!! This forum is awesome and you guys make it that way!

Now I have tons of work to do to get ready for the long weekend!  Hoping to spend Saturday / Saturday nite in Destin Harbor and be back to Pensacola Bay for the fireworks Monday nite.

Comments