Replacement Ice Cooler for 270 Fiesta Vee

Hi there!!! Our 2006 270 Fiesta Vee did not come with the ice cooler. Does anyone know if any cooler, with the same measurements fits in that spot? Concerned about the grooves on the inside that holds the cooler in its place. Thanxs!!!
What happens in a Rinker, Stays in the Rinker...

Comments

• TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if the '06 is the same little Igloo cooler that was in our '04 270. 

Pretty sure that this is it:
    (link below)
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    edited May 2013
    That's it a 25 quart holds 27 beers with 10 pounds of ice **** Sporting goods also has them. B-)

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • islariveraislarivera Member Posts: 2
    This forum is GREAT!!! I wished the dealership where we bought our boat could have been this helpful. The rep had no clue and asked us to provide the measurements... Thanxs again!!!
    What happens in a Rinker, Stays in the Rinker...
  • PartsManPartsMan Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

I just bought a replacement cooler at Walmart for $20 -- 25Q Igloo

• ithacarinkithacarink Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Curious if anyone has found something better than the Igloo that fits in the factory spot? My experience is that the igloo is great for melting ice....I have an '05 270 so I assume we all have the same 25qt Igloo.
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    IthicaR, you're right, that Igloo was a tiny little ice killer. 

Here's a solution that's not exactly "IN" the factory insert. I simply removed the plastic insert and found that the cavernous void behind it is a great spot to hold my huge Gott 60qt cooler, tools, shore power cord, flares etc, etc.... I wrapped the raw edge with a piece of plastic tubing that I slit length wise and added a piece of 3/4" pvc on the bottom to slide the cooler in/out easily. 

The lip holds it in place while underway and the cooler is shaded under the sink. The placement is convenient but out of the way and is also perfect to keep the weight forward in the boat along with other heavy gear that helps redistribute some stowed gear fwd to get on plane better. The Gott is an awesome ice box easily keeping ice, food and drinks for days.

Here you go. Hope that helps. Sure like the looks of Islas' Merlot red 270 and welcome to the forum.  Have a great season, Mike

Post edited by TikiHut2 on
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Ya know, Mike. I am going to blame you.....My wife says, "Good, this year we can enjoy the boat since you fixed everything you needed last year."  Now, ya got me thinking again.  My Waeco Freezer is just too big to put in the cooler space.  Too tall really.  Now I wonder about removing the box, finishing it like you did and having some sort of locking, slide-out for it to rest on.  I could pick up some floor space with that.  Hmmmmmm.......(Honey, I'm telling you....Mike....yeah, Mike....it's HIS fault...)

There are two shown, but I usually only have one on the boat for the ice!  No more melting!

May20__013.jpg
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie