TracVision DirecTV

vyborny1vyborny1 Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
Hi all, 

I recently purchase a 2002 342 that has satellite tracvision. We just spent our 1st weekend on her & I did not investigate the TV too much. So, my questions are who do you contact, do you contact DirecTV, what info do I need, how much per month, is it worth it. I saw all of the boxes, receiver is in the small closet next to the aft bed, satellite box is in the cabinet where the original TV was

Thanks for any help  
2002 342 Fiesta Vee

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll need the receiver number at a minimum.  Should be able to just call DirectTV, you may need to be on the boat when you call them with the TV on.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    The H24 receiver is a compatible unit for directv. The M series Tracvision will be obsolete in 2018 and no way around it. I have the M1 and it will be a fancy/pricey hood ordiment come 2018. Dish network has already changed over and directv will be switching over their technology in 2018 requiring you to purchase a whole new Tracvision system to the TV series . I spoke to the reps and they will maybe give you a $200 discount if you upgrade sooner rather than waiting till 2018. You can have directv activate your box at home, then bring it to your boat and connect it to your system. They should only charge you for the extra receiver. 
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a portable unit for DISH (they have them for Direct TV too).  It has to be on a static surface (will not track while moving).  Cost me $400 total.  Those tracking ones are $3-4k.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • vyborny1vyborny1 Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Thanks for the info, so if I am reading this right, if I have DirecTV, all I would have to pay for is the extra box? As far as the Tracvision, I am not sure what I have. I will have to investigate this weekend.  

2002 342 Fiesta Vee