12VDC Supply

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
Does anyone know where the 12VDC for the TV antenna gain control originates from. Mine does not have DC going to it. 
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Ray...

Since I used to have the same boat as you (sold boat 4 months ago) I noticed that the signal booster for the TV was wired only to 110v. The original TV was 110v and the wires on the booster for 12v were cut off right even with the bottom of the booster. I did not even know they were there until I checked online and found out that the booster will work on both 110v and 12v by flipping the switch, but the 12v wires were trimed off. I am guessing since the TV was 110v they figured we did not need the 12v side of the booster. I never fixed this because I never watched TV when out on the water, just played my music sometimes real loud.

Since I have sold Freebird and my house and moved to the hills we are very happy to be out of the city and now looking for a trailer boat. Still come to the forum every day to see what you guys with rinkers are up to.

Miss the boat a lot....

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Hey Len nice to hear from you. My booster worked on both 110vac and 12vdc. My genny malfunctioned a few years ago and a voltage spike took out a lot of items including the booster but the booster always worked on 12volts. Now it does not work at all but its not getting the 12vdc. I do not know where the 12 is coming from. It might just be a fuse. Again nice hearing from you and glad your checking in on us. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will look at mine now and get back to you
    Thanks bro
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my 260EC I'm going to guess and say that wire ran all the way back to my engine bay and hooked up to the 12 V house system block.

Is that the only thing you're not getting 12 V to?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

I have 2 black cables going to the booster. One is flat which is the 120v and the other is round. I have no 12v power either. The round cable goes into the black conduit. I tried everything. Will look at schematic now. 
    I dont care anyway, I have no TV! LOL
  • JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Ray chased mine back to main panel 12v side  best I can do with out pulling it apart hope it helps didn't see fuse anywhere 
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 12VDC was never hooked up on my 342. I just chucked mine now that I have the portable DISH. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
    Thanks everyone I might try hooking it up the the 12vdc receptacle and see what happens.
    Yup. Just jump it to the 12v cigarette outlet, easy!

PC BYC, Holland, MI
    I just took my booster out, using a portable Sat now. The 12vdc wire is not connected at all, just the 120vac. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • JohnCostellloJohnCostelllo Member Posts: 68
    I found the DC POWER if you still need it  In the cabinet under the TV station  There is a panel in the back, remove it and there is a hot and ground that says TV booster
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I moved the TV and used the same 12V source for both the TV and the antenna amp.  Prior to moving the amp it didn't have any 12V feed, just the 110V feed.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX