Options

Wire pathway from engine bay to front berth?

WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
Has anyone discovered a pathway from the engine bay to the front berth area?  I need to upgrade my power wires to my amplifier and i am not sure the best way to get the power wire up to the front.
2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

Comments

• Options
    youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    get some reach sticks from Harbor Freight, decide what side of the boat you want the wires to go on, start shoving the sticks thru the firewall from the battery side. Connect the hot wire and ground wire to the reach sticks first..  For lighting and fans, use 10ga wire as a minimum, and have a fuse on the hot side as close to the battery as you can. For an amplifier use as big a wire as you can get that is stranded.. For amplifiers there is no such thing as overkill.
  • Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting, I was specifically looking for any known accessible pathways to run the wire through.   It appears that I may be able to disassemble the rear berth starboard side wall and come through there to under the dinette bench seat on into the old tv cabinets but i will need to drill some holes to go that way.  I can't believe there is not an accessible cable pathway already defined.
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up the port side. Behind the galley to the vberth. Pull the frig for easy access. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up the port side, go behind all the frig/drawers then cross over at the AC area. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI