Options

Can Rinker supply a CAD drawing for my 2007 270 EC swim platform ?

Dlloyd01Dlloyd01 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
i need to get a pad fabricated for my boat swim platform

Comments

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    You don't really need a cad model for that. Use thick plastic material and trim it to size and shape.
    i would be very surprised if rinker sends you anything in cad specially something that directly shows the design.

• Options
    DazeOffDazeOff Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    See if this helps. It is the cad design from seadek for the 270.
  • Options
    You can convert pdf files back into a cad format of you want. Just make sure you scale it.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What DazeOff sent is what you need. Just make sure there's no difference between the model years. The CAD file is of the actually pads that they need to cut out, not your swim deck itself. Obviously they are shaped to fit your swim deck. 

Saying that because Rinker won't be able to help you. Either call SeaDek and check whether they have an existing CAD file or get the template kit and draw it out yourself (it's easy) and they will draw the template up.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I mean if he wants to print template to scale he would need a commercial style plotter and still double on paper.
    if cad or pdf file is just needed to sale for dim then it's all good.
  • Options
    Dlloyd01Dlloyd01 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Thank you very much, this is Awsome!

• Options
    Dlloyd01 said:
    Thank you very much, this is Awsome!

You can also email seadek and they'll email you back every design they have for the 270 with some of them embedded with the rinker logo. 
  • Options
    Tex68Tex68 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    I am looking to get Seadek to do my swim platform and cockpit too. I've already inquired with Seadek if they had a template for a 2012 310 EC to which they said no. Any 310 owners used anyone else for swimplatform pads? Just trying to find the easiest way to get the lay out. I have see some of the 310s have Versa Teak which I believe Rinker is putting or has put on new boats directly out of the factory. Since they already have put it on other 310s you think I could get that from Rinker?
  • Options
    Check out http://www.marinemat.net/ Rinker just started using them on the 2017 models. It's the only faux teak pad that comes with a snap in option which in my opinion is the best of both worlds. You get the look you want but can always remove if necessary. They also have some great colors and designs available.

• Options
    meandeanmeandean Member Posts: 5
    get clear mylar or sea deck will send kit tape it to swim platform & use black permanent magic marker & out line your platform and any thing you have mounted on it they will cut to fit i have done 3 platforms they have all turned out great