Another story to learn from

2»

Comments

  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    West Marine is having a life jacket sale today if anyone is looking.  

    @raybo3 no one in cabin because of CO?
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • MDboaterMDboater Member Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
     HeII I dont even let anyone in the cabin while docking. 
    Why not in the cabin?  I typically instruct my kids to go there to be out of the way.
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,616 admin
    edited July 2016
    @MD I dont normally have kids on the boat. In most cases for me I dont want anyone standing down (especially with cocktails) there just in case I have to make a harsh maneuver or give a warning that I am going to make a move at least if everyone is in the cockpit I can instruct or give warning.  In your case putting the kids down there (as long as they are sitting) is probably best. @06 no not because of CO because I dont want to clean up spilled drinks.......LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 8,074 mod
    Another PFD-related tragedy ... this happened a mile from my house yesterday.  A guy in a 16-footer accidentally dropped a fishing rod, went overboard trying to retrieve it, and never made it back to the boat.  No PFD, naturally.  USCG is searching for the body.  

    http://www.somdnews.com/breaking/authorities-search-for-drowning-victim-in-potomac-river/article_4e61ce33-7197-557b-b0a9-66c24d95ba74.html

    The river there is wide and slow, and the tide was coming in, so the current couldn't have been more than 1-2 mph.  
Sign In or Register to comment.