Options

What RBOC Members Do For Work?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Chemical engineer and project manager for a consulting company servicing the mining industry.
    Post edited by MarkB on

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    sfgenosfgeno Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited May 2013
    10 years in law enforcement, now I am a State Farm Agent. However I still do marine patrol on weekends.
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Sales for a natural and organic food company for the past 10 years and 25 years in the food industry. Great company and people! Get to work from a home office and travel around the country. My second life~style is called Life's Good! Looking forward to Summer boating!!!

LG
  • Options
    stevev28stevev28 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Two full time Jobs, District of Columbia Firefighter and Facilities Maintenance tech for a Govt Contractor.
  • Options
    Now or neverNow or never Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Industrial HVAC for general electric for 35 year about to retire
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Congrats to Now or Never on pending retirement!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Congrats Now or never and welcome to the RBOC.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Now or neverNow or never Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Thank you we have a 03 250 Feista vee
  • Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Machinist (prototype). Last 19 years lead machinist with aerospace company manufacturing satalittes for Directv, Dish, etc.  Retired on Jan. 1, 2012

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• Options
    john744john744 Member Posts: 35 ✭✭

Currently working as a Lieutenant for the Sheriff's Office.  Did K-9 for 12 years.  Previously worked in electronics, design & engineering.

Hey Raybo3 - I grew up in Fields Corner (1961-1975). Sorry about those pennies on the green line ....

John & Kathy

2002 FV 310 "pair*a*dox"

• Options
    Hey John thanks for supporting public transpotation...LOL I fix the Orange line train. I do not have anything to do with those little trolleys on the green line...LOL Where are you living now??
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    brianflhrcibrianflhrci Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    IT Director for a government contractor
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey GSLPRO - I know this is not the thread, but could everyone please excuse this - My hat is tipped to you guys (Oncology Nurses) may you live long and well! I met a girl when she was 14. At first she didn't think much of me. We got married when she was 20. She was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was 38. She died when she was 40. Your colleagues (Oncology Nurses) really helped both of us. Four weeks afted she died and I had even paid for her funeral I was diagnosed with advanced bone marrow cancer. I was given 6 months "tops" . I put a deposit on a corvette conv. and decided to hit Route 66. Talked out of it by friends. Got a second opinion - he said one year "tops". Talked into experimental chemotherapy. Have had 18 rounds over the last 10 years. Will probably soon be doing Rituximab again. Apologies to all readers for my little drama. Three points, if I may - any day is a good day and if it's on the water or even looking at a boat it is a GREAT day! Oncology Nursing is a "tough gig" and those Nurses are saints. I go once a month for my transfusion and they always manage to find a vein! Last - my discussion regarding Axius was that I did not buy it for a toy. It's so the Admiral will be able to drive the boat no matter what. When cancer gets me (and it will) at least it won't get my boat - THAT would be personal!!!!! In the meantime I'll be in my Rinker burning up the water and driving up the value of gasoline stocks.Soooo GSLPRO - Thank you to tou and all of your colleagues for helping me more than I can say here. Long live the RBO and good health to all of you!
  • Options
    Michael What a story.....  GOD BLESS YOU BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Incredible story, Michael...glad you're still with us!
  • Options
    hunterdalehunterdale Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited May 2013

Heck of a story Michael.  Glad you're doing well!! 

My brother and I operate a mobilehome/manufactured housing service business in the Chicagoland area.  We do just about everything, heating, air conditioning, electrical, plumbing, sheds, decks, roofs, windows, doors, siding, awnings, patio covers, carports, skirting, etc.  Complete home sets for parks as well as retail work for homeowners in the parks.  That makes up about 95% of our business.  The other 5% is repairing RV appliances, electrical and plumbing systems.

In business 22 years now and I never want to retire, I love what I do!!

• Options
    ShaunShaun Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    I own a harvesting company that does contract work for Pioneer-Dupont. The rest of the year I do service and foreman work for a agri business.
  • Options
    Update: I have really enjoyed reading everyones reply's. Its very interesting. I hope we get more reply's. Michael T your story is unbelievable and thank God your still with us. Good luck bro...
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Yes, I read each and every word of Michael T's post.  More than once.  Great guy!  Proud.

Tony

• Options
    ericdataericdata Member Posts: 38
    I own a graphics and print shop in the SF Bay Area. We specialize in tshirts,signs,banners, and graphics.

PrintemAll.com

• Options
    checkmatecheckmate Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    Co-owner and 3 third generation of family owned appliance sales/ service company. Proud supporter of small family owned companies still surviving these times.
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    I must concur with Michael T regarding oncology nurses, having had several major surgeries, radiation & chemo since being diagnosed 5 years ago. Things are looking pretty good so far, but going through cancer treatment has a profound effect on how you see the future, in that there is no guarantee that you will have a future. That is why we got into boating a few years ago, not waiting until retirement. I will not be content to sit in a rocker and watch the world go by and I will treat every day as a gift to be enjoyed to its fullest. I am betting that there is not a single soul on this forum who doesn't know someone who has had to deal with that horrible disease with all its myriad manifestations. Its a huge club that no one wants to be a member of. And yes, God bless all in health care that work tirelessly to improve the lives of all who suffer.