Options

1999 Rinker 330 Fiesta Vee - Hatch motor Actuator (Picture)

Hello everyone first time post but long time follower prior to getting my new boat! I have pretty much narrowed down everything I need from here or other sources of the web. One thing I'm stuck on is the following. 

My engine hatch motor sounds like a windless going up and down. Gears are shot, but still works. I really don't care about fixing the unit but more just getting it replaced all together. Want to do it now while it still works!

So according to the label it says the following....

MQ347 by Acculift Inc.
PV24183Q (SEE PICTURE)

I tried contact Acculift Inc. and NOBODY ever gets back to me on the specifications. I dont mind using some other brand, (actually love to use another brand since this companies CS is terrible). 

Does anyone know the retracted and extracted specs on this motor for my boat? I also dont care to just replace the motor I will replace the whole unit if I have to! Since I heard just getting the motor is almost impossible anyways. When I measured with it open from mounting point to mounting point I coming anywhere between 54-55 inches. 

Please excuse me on my knowledge I'm not that best on this stuff as electric hatch is newer for me. 

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Take a look at www.greatlakesskipper.com and see if they have one.  
  • Options
    viper3881viper3881 Member Posts: 16
    I already did and they said they couldnt cross ref it or had it in stock. They said the don't know the specs. I'm a customer with them on previous parts so that was the first place I checked. Wouldnt mind gettting a Lenco but dont know what I need based on not finding much info on my current part. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod

Welcome to the forum!  I had looked for one of these in the past and was never able to find it.  Then, I found out my problem was electrical, so I did not need to fix it. 

If you find something, please let us know.  It did look like there may have been some possible replacements, maybe just replacing the motor itself. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I have tried just replacing the motor but no luck in finding that either. Lenco can't help me as I need someone to actually measure this correctly. :( Ordering boat parts STINK!
  • Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Viper,

I ordered this one from

Boatersland Marine

LEN20778-001   Lenco 33"-53" 12V Hatch Lift,

it was a perfect fit.  The new one doesn't have to have the exact measurements of the old one, it just has to adjust enough to fit with the hatch down and then raise high enough to allow good access.  I have a 300FV, but I am betting this one would work for you too.

Good luck

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Good find Navy!  I have the same lift for my rear locker as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Thanks for that post Navy! Sorry I was away a day. Had surgery. I'm going to check that out. What do you mean you had to adjust? Anything I should know? Thanks!
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it is worth, Acculift actuators are really bottom of the bucket. Large Amp draw too since they have only a single stage reduction. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Yeah thats what I have been reading as well. Only reason I would buy it would be for simplicity of swapping over! 
  • Options
    You really just need to know the extended and retracted length ( pin to pin /mounting points), voltage, and load. Load for these is typically 1,000 or 1,500 pounds. 

Quality actuators have overload clutches, self lock, some with limit switches too. Plus far less power draw. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Www.warnerlinear.com

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    I just pinged our Warner Lineat plant on an interchange. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Acculift is really bottom of the bucket for actuators. High amp draw, few features. In tight locations the motor/drive setup makes it a bit shorter. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone pulled one of these apart? Occasionally it won;t go up, seems to disconnect something at the bottom as the motor runs. Manually open and if I futz with the ram, it seems to engage again and works okay. I figure something is unwinding from the nut at the gear end.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/