Options

Where to install Flag Pole

Looking forward to Memorial Weekend!!! and waving our flag

Need ideas/suggestions for best flag pole location. Stainless steel or teak? Lemme see your pics!!!
What happens in a Rinker, Stays in the Rinker...

Comments

• Options
    brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    I've had issues with cheap flag poles so my fix last season was to zip tie my flags to my antenna put them nice and high so I can always spot my boat
    1994 300fv "General Madness"
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

This works on our 342---Purchased wooden staff and appropriate sized flag from West Marine (Where else!)  Attached a fish rod holder at the opening in the transom vertical hand grab bar, just above the lower horn.

I also have a fish rod holder on each side of the boat on the rearmost bimini support at the top.  So total I have 3 places to stick such things.

The American Flag looks real good in any of these three places.  The transom mounted fish rod holder also serves as my mount for the barbi.

As brian mentioned about the VHF antenna, I did the same thing he did for my other flags and burgees.  These zip ties are the ones that are equipped with the "eyes" and are spaced appropriately for my various sizes of the flags I have on board.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the Salt Shaker above, we mount ours in a rod holder on the stern rail. Here's a pic from TikiHut at Longboat Pass. We've moved the location over to to far port rail and will also be flying one from the VHF antenna on special holidays as we try and keep pace with our patriotic neighbors on Salt Shaker.  B-)

Looking good TnP. Hoist 'em high. Great post IslaRivera. Have a great Memorial weekend everyone. Many paid so we can enjoy our rights in peace. Thanks, just isn't enough so we toast you and your loved ones on this day. Honor and Glory 

MnK

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    I put my Taylor made Stainless Steel pole and mount on the engine hatch.  Works well.  Always wish it was bigger though, but I think it fits the boat. HERE
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie