Options

Electrical issue...

DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
Here is today's problem... 

I have a cockpit fridge that I couldn't get to work last year... I asked the service guys to look at it and they said it worked fine. It worked for a month after they commissioned the boat this year. We just got back from a trip and and I shut the boat down as I normally do, now the fridge is not working again. (Same thing with the V berth tv)  I know these things aren't broken? But I can't get them powered up. I know I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure it out .  My ice maker works fine and its plugged into the same receptacle that the cockpit fridge is plugged into. Is there something I'm missing on my panel ?   This is how I keep my panel when we are plugged in at the dock.  

Comments

• Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    Not to state the obvious, but refrigerators are the WORST when it comes to getting themselves unplugged.... I see nothing on the panel. Also are you sure no one turned the fridge off/down inside the fridge. I know these are simple ideas, nothing else comes to mind if it was just working. 
  • Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    If you can easily get to the receptacle, check it for 120 even though the ice maker one is apparently ok.  Also try cycling the ac refrig breaker on and off several times.  Sometimes breaker switches are a little iffy.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Panel looks set ok.  Did you try the couple simple things mentioned this past weekend?  Strange thing is, even if it comes unplugged, it should then just run on 12VDC.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    The 120volt outlets have the tab snapped off so you can have two separate circuits on one receptacle. In other words.... One breaker feeds the top plug and another breaker feeds the bottom plug. Hope this helps.........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Good one Raybo, makes sense!  Definitely check power at the outlet itself then.

• Options
    MDboaterMDboater Member Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    Are the fridge and TV on a GFCI circuit(s) that tripped?
  • Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Gentlemen ... I applaud you all and your suggestions !!  So I checked the receptacle , the ice maker is plugged in there also and was working . So I pulled the entire unit out and found that the connections for the 110v and the 12v had both worked their way loose and were corroded.   After about 1/2 hour of cleaning, stripping, crimping and tightening, I reconnected the fridge and all is now good. 
    It's amazing that when you have systems mounted on a platform that is not always the best environmental conditions and it's always moving around, how things need constant attention.  
    I had already priced out a new Dometic fridge and was contemplating placing the order .... $850 I'd really rather not spend ...
    thank youball !!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Glad to hear all is good and at 0 cost.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Very nice to here Dirty!  You've spent a lot of money on that boat & certainly don't want to spend more on something not needed!  Time to fill that cockpit fridge and enjoy!