Options

360 Express Cruiser question

Hi all! I am new to the board and getting really close to making a decision on a used Rinker 360. I posted this in the Great Lakes forum but after reading through the site a little more I think it fits this section better.

I currently have a 1988 Sea Ray 390 Express and I really like the reviews, look and price point of the newer (2009-2014) Rinker 360. I have a few quick questions though and wondered if I could get some help. 

1. I have a few options on engines and wondered if any of the engines below are better, or worse, than the others? Any of these I should stay away from?

2009 Volvo 5.7 Gi DP 280 HP
2009 6.2L 320hp Mercruiser 377 Mag SeaCore engines  w/ Bravo 3 Drives
2010  Mercruiser 496mag V-8 stern drives

2. How does Axius work with these boats versus thrusters? Not sure I would use them but if they come with the boat it would be a great to have just in case. It would also make the wife a lot happier!

3. Anything I should look out for in the 2009-2014 years of this boat? I am in the process of reading the forum but so far everyone looks very happy with the 360 boats.

Thank you in advance for any help. I am really looking forward to getting a Rinker and contributing to this forum.

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone I have ever talked to likes the pod drives. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Rinkers are pretty heavy boats, go with the biggest engine options you can find, one of the members on here had the 502's in his 360 and loved them.  I would want big blocks for sure in that boat.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran across a 2002 owner while on vacation, has the 502's in it, special order he claimed.  I'm not sure how they even fit with the transom in the 2002-3, says he gets about 1.6mpg.  I bet I am at 0.9 mpg at best.  Go with the bigger engine!!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI