Options

windlass not working

bigsammybigsammy Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

trying to trouble shoot my non-working windlass on my 2002 27 FV. I have power up to the switch, so now I want to check the solenoid. does any know where it is on this boat?

Answers

• Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    I thought it was contained within the windlass itself?  Mine sometimes needs reset with the red toggle, though I know there are many types.

• Options
    mine has a separate switch and breaker. both at the helm. both the switch and the breaker have power to them. in other discussions a solenoid keeps coming up. the wiring diagram I have shows one, so I am still looking for it.
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other discussions the solenoid for the 342 is behind the subwoofer which is at your feet near the helm. MAy be a good area for you to start on your boat?
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options

yes I saw those posts, but because I don't have a subwoofer, I was unsure of the location. now I have an idea where to start. thanks for the info.

• Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    bigsammy said:

trying to trouble shoot my non-working windlass on my 2002 27 FV. I have power up to the switch, so now I want to check the solenoid. does any know where it is on this boat?

On the 360EC the solenoid is located in the vberth windlass chain/rode storage compartment