Options

Does anyone know anything about Hurricane deck boats?

l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experience with Hurricane deck boats. Looking at a SD217, 2002, 350 mag mpi bravo 1 with 234 hours. From pic's online it appears to be in good shape.

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

Comments

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know they're the preferred deck boat for coastal carolina smallish sounds like Bogue Sound, and they're found anchored at just about every sandbar every weekend in the summer... never met anyone who owned one that didn't like them.  

they are preferred around here in outboard configuration.... folks just don't like i/o's here for some reason... I like 'em just fine.  

I was actually shopping deck boats when I found my 212BR, which to me is the perfect boat for these parts- so long as it's outfitted with an oversized swim platform.  I don't get pushed around like the tri-hull'ish boats in strong seas, and I don't hesitate to thread the inlet where some of those guys fret- and again because it doesn't gat pushed around like the deck boats do... it's kinda funny, actually, but if those things were self bailing like the flat bottom boats that go through the inlet all the time, they'd be a lot more fun... one beam wave of breaker over the bow could makes things interesting fast..
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one fine boat, not to much on frills. good seawothery boat. Mine was outboard. no problems with it. 
    Boat Name :