Options

newbie with 1990 v186

Hello all! got some questions for you all about my boat, im a newbie, first time owner and bought a used boat and lets just say i got more than hosed on! anyways ive basically redone alot, new floor, new motor, new carpet. well set my motor this weekend, went to to tighten up the new front motor mounts(i have 3/8 and 1/2 lag bolts to the floor. one size on each side) well the bolts on the starboard side(3/8) tighten up, the port side just spins(im assuming the 3/8 stripped out) well i ran a drill bit down thru a few places and surprise, all i have is about 1/4 of fiberglass, no wood. so now im trying to figure out best, strongest way to fix. are there any drawing that show how it was originally built, or an idea of best way to redo. heres what it looks like. then a few experts i work with say lag bolts will not hold them. so can anybody give me some thoughts/ideas on how to fix??.  thanks

Comments

• Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    I doubt any detail drawings are available of how it was originally.  I'd get rid of all the debris and rot, glass in the whole well with fiberglass mat and resin, make a frame structure to support the motor mounts using metal angle and/or plate.  Agree that lag screws into wood are not ideal, but that is what most manufacturers do.