Options

Macerator

How difficult is it to install a macerator on a 242 ? I'm sure Raybo has the answer.

Comments

• Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    I looked into it for my 300, it would be a ton of work. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put one on my 280 and it wasn't bad. I mounted the pump to the top of the tank with the Y valve a few inches away. The hardest part might be the wiring. My boat was prewired for it, so it was rather easy.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Luco but the pump. I looked at it and everything is there but the pump and wiring. No big deal. Get the pump and I will put it in Friday morning......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put one in about 2 hours, by myself, was not bad. The hardest part was drilling the hole in the boat.  It's allways hard to drill a hole in your boat. LOL
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    MDboaterMDboater Member Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    Why would you want to add a macerator? 
  • Options
    IMO why wouldn't you? I would rather go off shore and treat and dump then use a pump out and take the chance of my tank collapsing using a pump out. Plus its very handy because there really is no place local to my club that pumps...... Just say'n 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    @Luco, Here's a tip, unless you don't like raybo.... just say'n   Pump out your septic, then fill with garden hose, and pump again, then fill with garden hose and add 1/2 gal bleach and pump again, then fill with garden hose and pump again. It smells better that way, a small amount of water will be left in there and will come out. Into bulge
    MD we do not have pump out's where my slip is, it's a 30 mlie trip to nearest, and I have to lock through a dam. So 60 miles, about a 3 to 4 hour ordeal and gas. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    We only have one pump out in the Pittsburgh pool, which is new this year. Sorry @randy56 , my pump out takes about a week to reach you. Fortunately those 20 gallons are very, very, very diluted by the time it reaches you.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Cableguy, Hummm,  are there 400 boats in that pool? water is gray down here.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    raybo3 said:
    IMO why wouldn't you? I would rather go off shore and treat and dump then use a pump out and take the chance of my tank collapsing using a pump out. Plus its very handy because there really is no place local to my club that pumps...... Just say'n 
    OK, I thought that it was for the purpose of dumpimg the waste tank.  From the northern Chesapeake I would have to go about 70 miles to be in a legal dumping location offshore. Pump outs are prevalent in this area.
  • Options
    It is for dumping the waste tank but around here we only have to go about 7 miles.
  • Options
    MDboater said:
    OK, I thought that it was for the purpose of dumpimg the waste tank.  From the northern Chesapeake I would have to go about 70 miles to be in a legal dumping location offshore. Pump outs are prevalent in this area.
    So I see now that 3 miles offshore is the rule for untreated raw sewage.  If I understand the rules correctly I am allowed to dump MSD treated Type 1 or 2 sewage in the Chesapeake Bay.  Wow, not sure if want share that one with the family :-). 
  • Options
    If there are a lot of pump outs available, there probably isn't a lot being pumped overboard. My 280 did not have a macerator on it when it was slipped at Middle River, MD. I put it on in Pittsburgh because of the total lack of pump outs.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Luco said:
    How difficult is it to install a macerator on a 242 ? I'm sure Raybo has the answer.

Thanks to all the responses. It was helpful. I hope all are enjoying the summer BOATING!!!!