Options

Battery Switch selector for 2003 Rinker 270FV

jmichelsjmichels Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
Took boat out today for a cruise. When at a island I swam under neath to check the outdrive for any growth and check my anodes. The anodes were almost worn down to nothing. Boat has only been in the water about 6-7 weeks so far this season. Wondering if a stray current at the marina is doing it. Strange....

Mean while also noticed my battery switch stopped working. When you turn it to off it still stays on. Can someone tell me what the correct factory replacement switch is for that? Its a guest with "emergency start" in middle and battery 1 on one side 2 on other and straight down is off. Need to get a new one and replace that ASAP.

Answers

• Options
    youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    Take the switch out of the equation.  Have one dedicated start battery and one dedicated house battery. You will have to move some wires off the start battery to make it dedicated, but this way works so much better than the factory wiring ( at least in my opinion it does)
  • Options
    jmichelsjmichels Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
    Well too late lol. Already replaced . Found unit and was direct replacement . took me about 30 minutes to swap it out. done.