Options

Rode attachment point.

Hey everyone -  new to the forum and to the cruiser world.  I'm in the process of purchasing a 270 -  have not seen it yet due to the lake being closed with high water.  I do know that the anchor is missing and when I asked the current owner what happened, was told that the anchor got stuck and while trying to dislodge it, he lost the anchor and rode.  My questing is, how is the rode attached within the bunker?  Owner says the line came loose, but I'm afraid it might have pulled/ripped out what ever it's attached too and it's going to take more than just attaching a new rode.

Thanks in advance

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Cork76063Cork76063 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks Handy...do you know if the connection point is sturdy?  My concern is that he tried to dislodge the anchor by pulling on it with the engine and what ever it is secured to gave way.
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Lost the whole rhode? Or chain and anchor? Whole rhode and I would be wondering why. Bad knot bad rope bad maintenance just my 2 cents
  • Options
    JC290 said:
    Lost the whole rhode? Or chain and anchor? Whole rhode and I would be wondering why. Bad knot bad rope bad maintenance just my 2 cents
    He said he lost the whole thing, that it came undone.  Should find out this weekend as it looks like they are going to open the lake.
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Hope all goes well keep us posted
  • Options
    rinker270nbrinker270nb Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    I had to pull my anchor rode and was surprised to find it wasn't connected to anything, and I have a 99 270.  I put my phone in the locker and recorded video, from the cabin access portal,  and didn't see a secure anchor cleat or d link.  His story is probably true. Take a look w a camera if you can.
  • Options
    pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    My 2000 FV270 had a very sturdy connection point for the anchor line. Not real hard to get to. Access point is thru an inspection plate inside the cabin, either behind the mirror or a velcro trim panel at the head of the berth/dinette area.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to cut my rode because I could not reach in far enough to the attachment point. Now I have to cut a hole above the round access hole to get in there. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help everyone -  I'm closing on the boat this week, and will tackle this project this weekend.  On a 270 is 1/2 inch 3 strand rope OK?
  • Options
    You have to get what ever matches the Windlass and what model it is. 
  • Options
    Thanks Handy -  remembering that I'm a newbie....are there different sizes on the 270?
  • Options
    Sizes? I am going to guess you have a Lewmar? Do you have the manual for it? 
  • Options
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their help.  We closed on the boat on Friday @11am and by 3 we had the truck loaded down and headed for the lake.  Got the anchor and rode replaced without a problem.   Took off the vinyl piece below the mirror (held on with velcro) and undid the access hatch.   Just inside the hatch..with very easy access was the attachment point.  It was a shackle attached to the backside of the bow ring.  

Thanks again for everyone's help
  • Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for following up Cork, it is good to hear how the story ends...