Options

37 looks pretty sweet

DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Some very nice touches.  Beautiful boat!

I noticed a few places where they sacrificed storage space in order to get a more open, airy feel.  For example, the "floating staircase" into the cabin looks nice, but it means you can't have a storage locker under the stairs.  Same with the windows in the galley: looks gorgeous, but you lose a bunch of storage. 

Can't wait to see some video of that boat on the water!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

On the EC 360 I used to own we really liked the open staircase. It created a much more open area than many past designs. I hate feeling boxed- in, particularly when in an aft berth area. You do not get that feeling in the 360. It feels open and airy. We still put a small color matched storage box under the stairs and imo it looked oem.

The earlier 360s had two large cabin windows which Rinker changed to three. We did not feel that sacrificed any storage at all but instead let in a flood of light.

IMO, there is so much storage on the Rinker that if you can't store all of your gear you are trying to emulate a moving company.

There is a lot of storage in the cupboards above the sink - even more if you don't put a T.V. on the aft cabinet ....imo a stupid idea anyway, storage above the cupboards on both sides - we put 6 big beach towels above the starboard side upper rail bins and liquor bottles above the port ceiling area above the cupboards, in three kitchen drawers and a huge pull-out storage cabinet, under the front berth, in a storage cabinet and cedar-lined hanging clothes hanging locker beside the front berth, huge storage under the galley pull-out hide a bed (flexsteel high quality model), storage in a large cabinet under the electrical panels and in a cedar-lined hanging clothes locker beside it, storage under both sides of the aft pull out bed and massive storage under the aft hide a bed.

We never managed to use it all even with all the gear (in my ocd-ness) and this included trips with friends for a week at a time. Trust me, some of the Admirals' of our friends must have thought we were going on an extended cruise. One brought two suit cases and a carry on bag. It all fit.

One issue, imo, that the Rinker EC 360 does not have is storage capability.

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    In fairness, I shouldn't compare the new EC 370 to my FV 370, which is a bigger boat.  Your former ("late"?) 360 is definitely a better comparison.  

Has there been any word on when that boat will be hitting the water?  Are they building any boats on spec, or only for pre-paid orders?
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Rinker still up on their game..very nice. I wish Rinker had more at the local shows here in Fl.