Options

Getting parts from Rinker???

Tex68Tex68 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
Hey gang, has anyone had the same experience I have had when calling Rinker to get parts? I have called on several occasions and after about 5 rings goes to VM where the message says leave a message or better yet email. Well after leaving several messages and no return call I emailed the person and I get an auto response that says thank you blah blah blah I am currently answering emails from 7/4 - 7/8. That is when I first left a message, so now based on her email I have to wait another 2 weeks just to get a response. I know they make a great boat but **** that is some poor customer service IMO when it comes to helping folks get OEM parts.

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What part are you looking for?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I have a long list. Just bought this 2012 310EC 3 weeks ago and there were a few things we have discovered that were missing or broken on the boat. Here is the list I emailed them. 

Clip for forward deck sun pad 
    light cover for overhead light in head
    cockpit cover (tan)
    Aft zipper insert into hardtop for canvas enclosure
    both refrigerators in cabin and in cockpit are missing door shelves. Cockpit fridge is also missing Interior shelves. 

Looking to replace the current marine carpet. Do you offer the Versa-Teak, if so what’s the coast and if not are you able to provide the cockpit layout in a PDF so I can have something made?

Lastly this boat was equipped with a Jabsco toilet that you have to pump in order to remove waste from the toilet bowl. Do you know if you sell the parts required to replace the toilet to a vacu-flush?

• Options
    laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    Yes it is horrible!! The parts lady is Olfila and she never calls back. Her line always goes to voice mail. She was trying to look into several things for me and never got back. Basically we are on our own. I have to surf the web for parts
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    We did have not too long ago a post on this forum from top management at Rinker that this problem was solved, that does not seems to be the case. Maybe one of the moderator could pass on your comments to the right people's 
  • Options
    I didn't see the earlier posts and I did a search. If you recall the title of the post please let me know so I can let management know that it's not better. 
  • Options
    For your fridge, you are better off going thru the manufacturer. It is probably WAECO/Dometic. They will be able to point you in the right direction. Great Lakes Skipper might also have the parts.

Look up @boattech01 (TJ). He will be able to get you a cockpit cover and parts for your other covers.

You are better off going thru Snapincarpet.com for new carpet, or Corinthian Marine Carpet.

Jabsco makes an electric flush retrofit kit for your toilet.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    wheatstwheatst Member Posts: 40 admin
    Tex68...I apologize for delays on your parts question.  We agree that our service has been sub-par and it's not up to where we are striving for it to be.  We had a long term person move out of the area and we have been behind the ball in catching up during this peak season.  I just spoke with Ofelia about your comment above and I'm having her look for your an email match to the things you need...also asked about the voice mail message...she has not updated it since the July 4 shutdown week and is going to do so.  Furthermore, we just hired an additional person (started today) to help us answer incoming phone calls.  (This is on top of adding another full-time person in parts.)  If you see this, please call me at my direct number 574-970-5128 or email me at swheatley@rinkerboats.com so that we may contact you directly.

Sincerely,
    Steve
  • Options
    Awesome thanks Steve! I just called and left you a VM and emailed you too. Cableguy- I heard that the electric flush retrofit kit isn't that great from other sources can you speak to that a little more? Do they even make a cockpit cover for the 310 with a hardtop? I am not seeing anything on line so far.
  • Options
    I know someone that had the retro kit and he liked it. I don't have one, so I can only speak from his experience. It might be easier and cheaper to go that route than the vacuflush.

https://www.amazon.com/Jabsco-29200-0120-Electric-Converstion-Toilets/dp/B000O896J4

If anyone would know about a cover, it would be TJ. If they don't, you would have to go to a custom canvas shop to get one made up.

Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

@wheast.....THAT's what I call great response!

BTW guys, two summers ago a man in a 2million dollar yacht slipped just across from me - couldn't get a return call from either his selling dealer or the manufacturer on a Friday afternoon. All three heads (toilets to some) had malfunctioned. Apparently they are all designed to run off a very big master pump that had failed.

I invited he and his five guests to use the head in our new Rinker EC 360 which I had just accepted delivery of about 5 weeks earlier..... (which BTW they all loved - or at least lied  about it well lol).

He told me the boat was on its first voyage (after a dealership shake-down trip) and he had experienced a number of problems - with few return calls. He was furious and would never purchase from that manufacturer again.

I have heard the same from all major boat brand owners. Marine manufacturers don't have the huge customer service infrastructure automobile makers have. There aren't big customer service/parts departments available at marine dealers and boat manufacturers, like Rinker don't have a big department to research and supply parts.

For perspective on volume: At one point a couple of years ago General Motors made ALL of the blocks that Mercruiser would use - for a YEAR -in one 8 hour shift!

Give Steve and Kim some time - they are getting things going after the company IMO was badly run down.

If Rinker is to survive Kim, Steve and the employees must re-build relationships with suppliers and dealers.... THEN get a bunch of new models out (FAST) to generate some revenue or good-bye Rinker. How would you like that?

So, in the meantime if you have an older Rinker and Rinker HQ doesn't call you back as fast as you want with a part number for a toilet lid hinge BOO HOO - SUCK IT UP!.....we are Rinker boaters, we are men. We are not whiners.

So, do what most of us do: use this forum to get assistance and guidance from your brothers, take some friggin' initiative of your own and google the part required. Don't just cr*p on Rinker, get off your a** and do some research.  Use this forum's search engine.

My experience with Rinker over a 20+ year period has been astoundingly good.

Give the new guys a chance to get things going. As you can see from Steve's reply they ARE trying.

GEEZ Louise!

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    wheatst said:
    Tex68...I apologize for delays on your parts question.  We agree that our service has been sub-par and it's not up to where we are striving for it to be.  We had a long term person move out of the area and we have been behind the ball in catching up during this peak season.  I just spoke with Ofelia about your comment above and I'm having her look for your an email match to the things you need...also asked about the voice mail message...she has not updated it since the July 4 shutdown week and is going to do so.  Furthermore, we just hired an additional person (started today) to help us answer incoming phone calls.  (This is on top of adding another full-time person in parts.)  If you see this, please call me at my direct number 574-970-5128 or email me at swheatley@rinkerboats.com so that we may contact you directly.

Sincerely,
    Steve
    Steve maybe you could add an e-mail address and a phone number to the FAQ post.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good posts above. Almost everything you need is not something Rinker would have. You'll need to go the manufacturer of the part itself. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Great feedback and nice to here!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    DanishgodDanishgod Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    I just wanted everyone to know that I did get some parts this last few weeks from Rinker dealing with Ofelia Jimenez.  She did a great job and I was very happy with the service.

Eric Jensen - Canada